baby toys

Blueclass

Reaction score
Hi guys this may sound silly but as a first timer I'm not sure what we need.
Do babies have toys I. E rattles ect? If so what do you recommend?
Thanks

I would wait and see what people buy you. Your baby won't need anything straight away although it may be nice to have a teddy etc. I found that friends and family bought little toys like a snake thing to go on the car seat handle etc. Baby's eyesight isn't very good straight away and they are in a 'dosy, milky haze' for a while so there's no rush x

we didnt buy any, i felt really bad but we've been gifted teddies/ rattles and things since she's been born and tbh shes 11.5 weeks and only just starting to be interested in them now so might be worth waiting

I kinda have the same question myself - figured they wouldn't need much for a while, looking at mine and partner's daft faces will probably be entertaining enough for now, but we do have a few cuddlies off grandparents and a soft rattle already!
I also bought a bouncy chair thing with a gift card I was given, but I doubt they'll be in that for a while.
Mainly just bought all the practical stuff so far!
;-)

I think I bought a couple of teddies and a play gym but felt bad when she was about 2/3 months old. Lots of people bought teddies but not toys so I went and got quite a few

The Lamaze toys to go on prams are great, in the early months when doing tummy time it was good to have a few colourful things for her to try and reach, stacking cups are also great in the early months (even now at 11 months she still loves them best), rattles are great and my mum had a little handheld tambourine which she loved when she could sit up. They play gym was probably the best investment. It kept her occupied while I tidied

Thanks ladies. She got a few teddies and j got one of those things for pram and car seat. I also got a play mat just wasn't sure if I should get rattles or anything but at least now I know I can wait for a while. Oh and I have a bouncy chair x

I go with the less is more theory. Babies can be easily over stimulated and the world in general is pretty mind blowing anyway so I don't personally feel they need a load of bright, noisy toys hanging around them all the time. I also don't go in for bouncers, chairs, rockers etc though... so I'm in a big minority! :D

I go with the less is more theory. Babies can be easily over stimulated and the world in general is pretty mind blowing anyway so I don't personally feel they need a load of bright, noisy toys hanging around them all the time. I also don't go in for bouncers, chairs, rockers etc though... so I'm in a big minority! :D

Me neither Birdie. Haven't bought anything like that and won't be.
I do plan to get a couple of toys like these but probably not til the baby is a month or so as they don't really have the awareness or grasping ability until around then.

A lot of the wooden rattles and other small toys I've seen say not suitable for babies under 3 or 6m so plenty of time to buy them later.

Attachments

• kruse-bug-baby-org-pink-100.gif
    kruse-bug-baby-org-pink-100.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 86
  • keptin-jr-banner_7.jpg
    keptin-jr-banner_7.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 14
I think my personal wish for a bouncy chair was really to do with my wish that I could get an adult sized one of those - I'd love that :) ahaha

I think I'd like that.
I do remember my brothers and sister having one when they was a baby and it really settled them plus it's somewhere for her to sit x

I'd be really surprised if you got no toys or anything. Just wait to see what they get.

We are getting a mamaroo and mat. Thats all Jackson used early days and even then he wasnt like rolling around playing.

He only started reaching, grabbing and biting on things at 8w and he was teething so he had teething rings in the fridge, a few rattles, soft teddy rattles and links/keys but like everyone else we were gifted the toys.

I bought the teething rings which was good going because he started teething before 3m so, he did need them.

I dont think he started playing with toys until about 4m even then it was more investigating the toys, shaking and smiling.

xxxx

Oh and if you can, a sofia the girraffe. Fab things for teething etc.

xxxx

My girl wasn't interested in anything until at least after 10 weeks. Then it took a while to properly develop an interest

All I'm getting is a baby swing and a bouncer and maybe a playmat X

Iv only got a bouncer and a play mat x

Thats all Ill be getting, I have the swing/bouncer and Ill get a large play mat. Had a fab one from argos with J it was quite big. Good for when they do start rolling etc. Or you could get the smaller ones with the little gym above I still have one from first time for really early days but they literally just stare at that point - easily distracted so even some music on the play mat would do. Biggest entertainment when baby is born is us really. Speaking to them from really early is good too. I used to brief Jackson on everything I was doing and MW commented how reactive he was and noted I must talk alot to him :p

I imagine people will gift you things, and youll have time to nip out and get some toys if people gift you money/vouchers.

xxxx

Yeah I imagined I wouldn't need much just wasn't sure when they had things. The play mat is a gym thing it's not massive but it's really soft so even if she just lays on it it will be comfy x

Little things like Lamaze Wrist & foot finder rattles. They're great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back