Baby Smiles?

Juice

Reaction score
Penny is 4 and a half weeks old and I think she's giving me real smiles. They just seem different to her windy smiles and I'm sure they're real, but is it even possible for a baby to smile this early??

I am no professional but yes I think so! My youngest seemed to smile at 4 weeks and is now really smily!

Congratulations by the way X

Yes! My health visitor told me from 4 weeks onwards. They are copying you and if they smile at you and you smile even more they learn it gets a good response and will do it even more. Lily starting smiling at 5 weeks exactly and it was different to her windy smiles like you say. Xx

I have a video of my baby smiling at 1 day old! He would always smile twice just as he was falling asleep. I guess people could argue that it wasn't intentional, but it also wasn't wind :)

So yes, if your baby is smiling at 4 weeks old, they are definitely smiling! How cute xxx Enjoy your tiny one xx

Aubree is 4 weeks and I made her smile randomly for a photo ...and it worked :) def not wind xx

Both of my boys have smiled at me from a couple of hours out the womb!! Definitely possible after 4 weeks :)

Our girl was obviously smiling at less than a week old. She was very responsive to people and music. Our second took much longer, he was closer to 6 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back