baby slings

annem

Reaction score
hi i'm looking to buy a baby sling suitable from birth. There seems to be lots of different ones can anyone suggest a good one or any to avoid?

This looks similar to the one on that program 'bringing up baby' which i liked the look of.

Thank you for the link :D

My yoga teacher recomended the Kari me one too, so I am going to try it

I have had 3 carriers and have worn Freya since she was born, I started with the Premax sling http://www.alongcamebaby.co.uk/acatalog ... MAodcEMoFA and she practically lived in it :D . I really dont know what I would have done witout it and was sad when she out grew it at about 4 months.
Since then I have brought a Moby Wrap carrier, I love this too, it is similar to the Kari me, I believe, but about £10 cheaper, Freya is so comfy in it and I regret not buying it earlier http://www.baby-bean.com/moby-wrap-baby ... b9fa47dac4
I also had a Tomy freestylye, but found it strained my back.
I love wearing Freya and rarely use the expensive pram my mum brought me :oops:

Thanks, i may try a premaxx one too. I'll need a couple of colours so this way i can see which one we get on best with.

annem said:
hi i'm looking to buy a baby sling suitable from birth. There seems to be lots of different ones can anyone suggest a good one or any to avoid?

yes i got a mei tai by baby hawk, i thought i'd find it really akward to put on but it is sooooooooo easy as i was a complete novice to baby wearing!!! :oops:

valentine said:
I love love love my kari-me. I would DEFINITELY recommend this!

Valentine Xxx

I've just been through the site and the kari-me looks fab! I think I'm going to get one of those instead of the bjorn active.
Can I ask, is it fairly straightforward to put on?

I was between the kari-me and the moby wraps. I PMed someone on PF who had both to ask which they preferred and they said the Moby so that's what I bought. I got it from Sasa Slings and I would recommend them. I got it in black as I figuered it goes with everything and was a bloke friendly colour (or shade) for OH but my mum has given me in to trouble as it's not a very baby colour :rotfl:
I've only used it with a cuddly heffalump so far so I can't say what it's like with babies but it looks good and was easy to put on :D

I have to say, when the moby first arrived I thought OMG how on earth do i put this on, but the instructions were excellent and I only had to look at them once.

EllieG said:
I have to say, when the moby first arrived I thought OMG how on earth do i put this on, but the instructions were excellent and I only had to look at them once.

Ditto for the Kari-Me - I can't recommend it highly enough!

Valentine Xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back