Baby sling?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I'm looking for some advice on baby slings.

I know absolutely nothing about them, so have no idea where to start, but I feel like it would be really useful for us as Harrison just wants cuddles 24/7 so I can't get anything done!

I don't want to spend too much, and Harrison is a tiny 6lb 2oz now, so need something that he will be comfortable in.

Thanks in advance x

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Definitely recommend a sling library in your area. I went for a woven wrap but will get a ring sling when Evan has better neck control. There are loads so a sling library can lend them out to test so you don't waste a fortune :) xxx

You would be better with a stretchy wrap when baby is small, then switch to a woven, rings or buckles (not a baby bjorn type, for the love of all the hips!)

A Moby or Boba are good, you can find a Moby used for about £20, new they are £35 ish.

If you put your town/area and babywearing in on facebook you might find a group near you. Otherwise I am in UK with a stretchy, ring, half buckle and a woven wrap you'd be welcome to play with.

I had a moby wrap with Tomos and used it from when he was about 4lbs until around 12lbs. I liked it and I'm thinking of getting a sling this time round too but not decided which one. The downside of the moby I found was that it was fiddly getting it on when on my own, and there is a lot of material so in this hot weather don't know how comfortable it would be.
I brought the moby second hand from ebay, and actually sold it for some profit, will definitely be looking to buy second hand again.

If you want a cool wrap gauze is brilliant. I live in the tropics and my Calin Bleu gauze is brilliant.

That Close one I linked is awesome, as its all set up and ready to wear.

Takes two seconds... Slip it over your head, place baby in, pull ends to tighten, job done.

All the benefits of a sling/wrap, without the wrapping :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back