Baby sleeping ..

B81292

Reaction score
Since she's turned 5 months I've noticed my little girl has been turning over in her sleep on to her side and we've caught her a couple of times on her tummy sleeping ... I have an angel care movement monitor but I'm so worried about her doing this. I turn her round whenever I can but always worry about her. Please say somebody else's little one does this!!

you're always going to worry... my son is 2(tuned last month) and I constantly worry about him. But some babies like to sleep on their front (my son being one of them) as long as they can roll they are fine to do this, if you turn her back and she rolls back over it probably just means she is most comfortable that way. my son has slept this way from 6 months and is fine, but it is obviously worrying. just make sure her head is to the side. if she stays on her back when you turn her back then id do that but if she keeps doing it she is obviously just prone to sleeping that way.

You don't need to turn her back over if she's rolled herself. My baby started sleeping on his tummy at 8 months and I'm glad because he sleeps so much better. I still put him down on his back though. The SIDS website says this about whether you need to roll baby back if they go onto their front themselves:

No. Rolling over is an important and natural part of your baby's growth. Most babies start rolling over on their own around 4 to 6 months of age. If your baby rolls over on his or her own during sleep, you do not need to turn the baby over onto his or her back. The important thing is that your baby starts every sleep time on his or her back to reduce the risk of SIDS, and that there is no soft, loose bedding in the baby's sleep area.

My boy did the same, I tried to roll him onto his back time and time again at first but figured this is how her prefers. He is now two and still a front sleeper. X

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back