Baby sleep bags?

SaraLouise

Reaction score
I'm confused about these as my hv said not to use them until he is 12 weeks old.. but I woke up this morning he had both his legs out the bars of the crib & was sucking on the bar :doh: ... I don't understand how at 4 weeks he can wriggle so far!

Anyway, has anybody else used them from a young age? He weighs about 8.5lbs now if that makes a difference?

If so, what tog would you recommend getting?

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It's the baby's weight not their age that they go by. I use grobags and I think the weight is 8lb? Or maybe just over so your lo should be fine. I think they are fab x

Yeah, I went by the weight guidelines on mine. x

I think with most sleeping bags, LO needs to be over 8lb. Just make sure that he can't slip down it, but he should be fine as he's the right weight. In this warm weather lately, Ethan's been sleeping in just a nappy and a 1 tog sleeping bag (temp of about 27/28 degrees). Tonight is cooler (24 degrees) and he has a 1 tog bag and long sleeved vest. Generally though he wears a 2.5 tog which can be used with temperatures up to 21 degrees I think. I'd suggest buying a couple in different togs xx

Oh and we first started using sleeping bags when Ethan was a couple of weeks old xx

Actual Gro-Bags are minimum weight 8lbs 8o, I waited until James was about 9lbs!

We couldn't be with out sleeping bags as James is a leg flapper. Although to be fair until about a month ago he always stayed where I put him he'd just flap his legs up and down lol...

I also recommend actual Gro-Bags, they are more expensive but well worth it. We've tried John Lewis, Mothercare, Sainsbury's and Tesco and only really use our Gro-Bags

xxxxxx

Last edited:
Oh my! So many diff togs, to wear with diff vests etc! I have a few diff togs but don't know what to put her in when she wears it, so haven't used them yet xx

Tapatalking. X

Actual Gro-Bags are minimum weight 8lbs 8o, I waited until James was about 9lbs!

We couldn't be with out sleeping bags as James is a leg flapper. Although to be fair until about a month ago he always stayed where I put him he'd just flap his legs up and down lol...

I also recommend actual Gro-Bags, they are more expensive but well worth it. We've tried John Lewis, Mothercare, Sainsbury's and Tesco and only really use our Gro-Bags

xxxxxx

Hi Carnatt, what makes Gro-Bags better than the others? I'm asking because I've never tried a Gro-Bag but my lo hates other sleeping bags.x

I find them better quality. The 1 togs feel lovely and light whereas the 2.5 tog are warm and snuggly.

They are good length (James was in the 0-6m until he was about 8m), and they are the only FSID recommended sleeping bags.

I found the Tesco ones came up small, Mothercare too fiddly with all the buttons and the one I got from an independent online retailer started bobbling after a few washes.

The closest to Gro-bags are probably John Lewis but the price you pay I'd pay a few quid more and get actual GB!

Currently James is in a 1tog and he will stay in that until autumn, the bedroom is currently 25c still so until it gets much colder we'll stick to summer GB's!

xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Ah ok. Thanks so much for the explanation!x

Well you've swayed me Carnat! Do you have shares in Gro-bags? Haha x

Well you've swayed me Carnat! Do you have shares in Gro-bags? Haha x

I wish, they are bloody expensive.

There are sometimes deals on various websites and you can get them on Ebay (brand new)

xxxxxx

They've got them in tk max at the min can't remember how much they were though.

Sent from my new shiny iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad you asked this Sara I was just wondering myself. Matthew is 5 weeks today and was weighed this morning he is 9lbs so I thought I would try him in one tonight. I have one actual Gro Bag 1 tog I bought at one of these second hand baby markets for 2 quid and it looks brand new! I wasn't going to bother but my friend said they are really expensive you should snap it up! Glad I did. He normally likes to be swaddled but I'm finding him bursting out the blanket now and like Harrison he rolls and over right to the edge of his crib! So wriggly for one so tiny!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back