Baby Size Worries

Flossy82

Reaction score
Hey all well off i go again today to the hospital for another scan to check how bubs is growing as i had my midwife app yesterday she still thinks that bubs is only measuring 30 and im now 33+6 this is the third time in a month i have been for the same thing and altough i try not to worry i cant help it and they reassure me each time the all is ok.Although they told me that bubs is if anything slightly bigger this time but then the midwife thinks that she will be smaller and im getting confused??? Should i be worrying cause i dont know? :?

All midwives will measure you slightly differently, so using a tape measure on your tummy is not an accurate way of telling you how big your baby it... it will depend on baby's position and amount of water etc.
I hate it when midwives say stuff like this to people as they are making moms worry too much i think.

I was told my first son was measuring too small, I had loads of monitoring, and scans etc.
they even told me if he didn't grow soon they would induce me to have him early (!!)
I was worried sick and that wasn't going to help him grow was it?!
However, he ended up being born 8lb 6oz!!

I would say, don't worry too much, even if you baby is a bit on the small side, it can still be perfectly healthy and put on loads of weight after it's born.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back