Baby Shower!

Kitana

Reaction score
Hello ladies,

I have decided to throw a baby shower for baby number two, I didn't do it for the first one due to my SIL.
Now, I am not on better terms but as long as she leaves me to be, then I have no problem with her being there.

I was writing down the name of people to invite and invited only my friends and my OHs sisters.
The OH looked over my shoulder and told me I should invite his stepmother...
I honestly do not want to invite her, because if I do, I will have to invite my mother. I feel like it's more of a friends and sisters kind of party, not mothers and MILs...
Am I being inconsiderate? Should I invite the MIL and my mother?
I don't know what to do?! :wall2:

Are you close to your mum? Only because my mum would probably be the top of my invite list for a baby shower, along with his mum. They'd be devastated if they weren't invited.

Would either be upset if they didn't get an invite? If so, then for the sake of any bad feelings I'd invite them x

It’s a hard one, are you close to my mum? my mum is my best friend so she would definitely be invited to mine but it’s totally up to you. It’s your baby shower hun xx

My baby shower is in 3 weeks and I'm having my mum there but the rest are just my friends! Can't wait!, its a surprise set up by my friends so I don't know anyrhing other than a date and time!

Yes I'm close to my mum but I'm not close to my MIL, she tends to embarrass me in public. Like when we go to a restaurant, she will burp and apologise but she thinks it's funny. Once we went to eat with my parents and the oh's parents and she started squeezing her zits between her boobs while we were chatting, then someone she knew passed by and she started to talk to them for a good 10 minutes while we were eating. Even my father started to roll his eyes. She pretends to be all posh and chic but she's very low class...
I took her to one of my scans once, and the midwife turned the machine to 3D. The baby's face was well in view and the first thing she says, oh she has black hair! The midwife turned towards her with a twisted mouth and said, no that's just a missing image, you can't see colour on scans. I have more examples of her ignorance but even just writing them down makes me cringe!:lol:
She always turns the conversation towards herself and everyone has to talk about her, I'm scared she will want to be the center of attention at my baby shower.... ugh... such a tough one!

My sister had a similar problem so she ended up doing two baby showers, one big one with her friends, then a little afternoon tea for her family, she said to the parents it was because there were too many people to have at one.

My sister had a similar problem so she ended up doing two baby showers, one big one with her friends, then a little afternoon tea for her family, she said to the parents it was because there were too many people to have at one.
That's a great idea!! Might consider this actually! Thanks for your input!:)

Yes I'm close to my mum but I'm not close to my MIL, she tends to embarrass me in public. Like when we go to a restaurant, she will burp and apologise but she thinks it's funny. Once we went to eat with my parents and the oh's parents and she started squeezing her zits between her boobs while we were chatting, then someone she knew passed by and she started to talk to them for a good 10 minutes while we were eating. Even my father started to roll his eyes. She pretends to be all posh and chic but she's very low class...
I took her to one of my scans once, and the midwife turned the machine to 3D. The baby's face was well in view and the first thing she says, oh she has black hair! The midwife turned towards her with a twisted mouth and said, no that's just a missing image, you can't see colour on scans. I have more examples of her ignorance but even just writing them down makes me cringe!:lol:
She always turns the conversation towards herself and everyone has to talk about her, I'm scared she will want to be the center of attention at my baby shower.... ugh... such a tough one!

I’m actually peeing myself laughing at the thought of someone squeezing the zits between their boobs in public :rotfl: wtf

I’m actually peeing myself laughing at the thought of someone squeezing the zits between their boobs in public :rotfl: wtf
It's funny when I think about it now, but I was mortified when it really happened at the restaurant! It was the first time my parents and his parents met! First EXPRESSIONS last :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back