Baby shower?

firsttimemum29

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just wondering about people's experiences of this. I had a great baby showet organised by a friend when I had my first. Would it be "odd" to have one for my second? I was thinking of organising it myself & having it at home. Any opinions would be great.

If you want a second shower go for it! I know a few people frown upon that kind of but every baby should be celebrated. I'd have a secondashower but I'd try to make a big emphasis on no big gifts. It would be more about catching up and playing some games

It's definitely an each to their own thing but if that's what you want then enjoy yourself. I love baby showers

I don't see why you wouldn't have a baby shower for a second baby? I personally don't like the gift aspect of baby showers and asked for no gifts at mine but people ignored it, if I have another one this time I'll say the same - to me it's more about getting everyone together x

I think I'm going to have a small afternoon tea in a local cafe. I'm going to insist no gifts but if they really want to get something then I'd like them to bring their favourite baby book with a little message on the inside or something. I'm not big on parties and things and I never had a baby shower with my first but this will be my last.

Ery, I love the baby book idea, a nice personal touch.

I didn't have one with my first as it wasn't so much a big thing then, but I did with my second which my friend organised as an afternoon tea in a local hotel and i'm so glad I had one, it was a really lovely day and I think it's lovely for the girls to get together and celebrate, a bit like the fellas going out to wet the baby's head after the birth. I did post in the facebook event for mine to say please no presents as we were expecting out second boy and had kept everything from the first, so there was really nothing we needed. A few people did still bring things which was lovely buy there was really no need, I think it's more about everyone getting together and having a giggle with games etc rather than presents for a second baby (think it's lovely to get first time mums baby things they will need though )xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back