Baby shower!!!

dani

Reaction score
I can't wait my babyshower is in less than 9 days yay!!! I'm helping my mother get the prizes and stuff together tomorrow as she has the day off so that will be exciting. I can't wait to see all my loved ones and see all the goodies that me and the baby have received. He needs everything besides clothes i covered that department myself as i have a bad shopping habit lol. geez im just too excited yay!!

Are baby showers normally arranged by the mums or the friends/family.?

There is no way I would arrange one as it looks like I am being greedy, and I haven't heard of any being arranged for me so I am presuming that I definitely won't be having one.

Mine was arranged by a friend of mine and her mum. It was tomorrow but had to be cancelled unfortuantely.

I thought baby showers were an American tradition. I've never heard of anyone in the UK having one before.

It's a great tradition, but I didn't think that English people did them. The tradition here seems to be that some people will bring gifts for mum and baby after the birth!

As has been mentioned elsewhere, this means that you don't want to buy too many cute little outfits etc for baby, because you may be swamped with them by caring friends and relatives! But then, maybe you won't. hmmm?

I have always though of them as an american thing too, normaly pressies are given after the birth like skidoo said, cute idea tho :)

Well yes it is an american tradition and i am from america lol my mom and my sister and sister in law are throwing mine....ours basically consist of food, games, prizes and opening of the gifts. we mostly get our bigger items and money or vouchers from these parties, i have yet to buy anything for the lil one besides clothes n shoes as i know ill be getting my crib,stroller swings and etc from this party...im so excited yay!!!

That's a lot of money worth of presents you will be getting, here we do it the other way round, buy all the big stuff ourself and people buy us clothes as gifts. You're really lucky.

yes im very lucky i just cant wait its in a week and i feel like ive been waiting for ever and a day lol.....im so excited to see all the neat things my loved ones get me and aidan :lol: i know hell enjoy them just as soon as hes here :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back