Baby shower is driving me mad!!!

BKR123

Reaction score
So my sister offers to do my baby shower for me, which I agreed to because I get really stressed trying to organize things. I have her a list of people I wanted to invite 10 weeks before the date to give her time to get invites ad send them out and to get replies in time. I leave it 3 weeks before I ask her if she's done them yet and she said she's lost the list of people so she didn't bother. My boyfriend works for a printing company so all she had to do was send him one and he would print them all. But she didn't, even though I text her so many times. So I ended up designing my own invites, getting ten printed, writting them and posting/delivering them all myself. I put my sisters number as the RSVP seeing as she was still meant to be organizing everything. I then went over my mums and wa talking to her about it, the shower is at hers because my mum has ms and my house doesn't have a downstairs loo, and she said she's ordered the food for the shower and all I need to get is all the drinks and puddings and nibbles. I asked her what my sister was doing and she said 'the music an two games' I got a bit annoyed because to me if your organizing a baby shower, you sort the whole thing yourself. I spoke to a few of my friends and asked what they had to do for there's and tey said nothing, the one organizing it all did everything. My mum said as its my thing I should be paying for and organizing everything, and I said I shouldn't because its being thrown for me. My sister lives with my nan rent free and is on around £2000 a month wage. I've just moved out in to my house, have all my bills to pay and am trying to get everything ready for my baby! (First one in my family for 20 years and in my boyfriends for 21) so baby stuff isn't easy to come by in our families! I don't have the money to pay for all of it, and I don't have the time to organize the whole thing! It's in 3weeks and that's no where near long enough for me :( am I being completely unreasonable by being annoyed at my sister for not actually doing anything or am I in the wrong for not paying for everything?

If she offered to throw you a baby shower, to me, that means she will pay and organise EVERYTHING!

My mums doing mine and the only thing I did was the invitations as I'm very fussy and wanted to do something haha... but she's doing everything else!

I think you should maybe just say to your sister 'I just thought you were going to take charge of it all, thats all... ' .... not something that will start an argument but mention it! xxx

Awww you poor thing. I would be a bit cross too.

My two friends offered to do mine and won't let me do a thing. They asked for list of names and numbers and a list of what I would like for baby. I offered them my house to do it, I am going out while they set it all up and they insist on doing all food, favours etc. OH has offered them some money for it and they said its all in hand.

I don't think you should have to pay if she offered to throw one for you. Dont stress yourself out though. No matter what happens, once everyone is there I'm sure you will have a wonderful time x

Ive been let down so many times by people that I tend to be the organiser in the group now friends and family. But my friends had a lovely wee afternoon planned for me, if ud planned to have a baby shower and she had offered to take over to help u out and didnt bother id be pretty annoyed?

What a crock!! Im having to do my own as no-one offered, not got any close friends really but if someone offers to do it they should do it! How annoying!! I'd be pissed off too hun xxx

If she's offered to do it she should organize and pay! My three friends did one for me and wouldn't let me do or know a thing about it. I never got to see the fruit of their labour as my baby was born that very day!

Thanks everyone! I think I'm just going to have to talk to her and ask her if she's really going to bother with it, because ill be really annoyed if it gets to the day as nothing at all is done! And wow! Bet that was a bit of a shock having your baby then!!x

hey hun dont stress ur self out over it. she offerd she should be takeing charge of it all!!!!
worst come to worst ring ur friends and say sorry for the last minute cancelation been having a few family problems explain whats happend and say u may have 2 cancle if they are good mates they will get their finger out and pull somthing together for you bugger ur sister tell her ur so under pressure by it all u cant handle it thats why u agreed to taek her up on her offer. i do hope u get a special day u deserve

i havnt had a shower tbh dont have many friends and the ones i do have already done so much for me buying baby gifts already and i dont want them to feel they have to spend any more but the friends i do have would be there and pull together in my hour of need should some 1 let me down.

best of luck im sure it will all come together and to confirm when some 1 offers to throw u a party u shouldnt be expected to buy anything x:shakehead:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back