baby shower - dont know why I agreed to it!

.Ruth.

Reaction score
Basically I wanted a baby shower to see my friends back home as I dont see anyone now ive moved away...

My mum offered to do it and I just thought great she will do everything and she was very hapoy to...... but for weeks shes stressing me out telling me to chase up people and ask them to bring baby photos etc and askingme to sort music.

Everyman man and his dog is coming, which I didnt want! Boyfriends family and my family that I dont even speak to or like!!

Its on sunday and we are wanting to have it in the garden ... but now it looks like its going to rain and my mum has a smallish house so not loads of room for people to sit if inside.

Im feeling shitty - have been throwing up the past three days and just feel a bit shit!!

Im at her house already for the weekend and shes showing me list after list and what games etc... im being really snappy and dont mean to be :(

Need to snap out of this mood sharpish!

What do people do? Shes getting so stressed and think shes gunna have a bloody microphone and itinery for the day...

Arghhh pointless thread sorry just needed to vent. I know im being a spoilt bitch just not looking forward to it like I thought I would! :(

Aww nig hugs nicely tell her honestly that it's just meant to be a bit of fun and to play it by ear and not worry so much that u reallt apprichiate her efforts but it's easier if she doesn't fret so much also if numbers need confirming for food suggest people each bring something for a buffet. As for the weather it changes so often u will hopefully get lucky otherwise gazebo maybe? X

Oh no!! I'm beginning to regret mime, I'm having two but only a handful of people at each as old hometown and new home. Cba to organise either really but people are coming now...

Just relax and let them get on with it. They'll love to all see you and you'll get pressies. Try not to stress, just let your mum organise if she likes to. Fx you feel better soon too hun. Smile and wave, smile and wave... Xxxx

Thanks ladies!

Its weird, its not really a stressful thing but its making me stressy!! I know all I have to do is be there ... its just the pretending to like certain people whendI'd rather they weren't there!

Would be souch easier if I could get drunk haha xx

Aww I'm sure it'll be fine but I can see where you're coming from. Would be nicer if just close girlfriends and female family members that you get on with rather than everyone and their dog. But you are lucky cos I'd quite fancy one (just close pals) but we don't really do them round here. You and bump will bet the star of the show so just enjoy it hun xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back