Baby shopping

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
I'm currently 24 weeks and I can't stop buying for my baby lol. Is anyone else in the same boat as me or is my ocd kicking in again. I'm just worried I won't have everything in on time. This is my 4th pregnancy but I still feel like I will forget things. I'm forever writing notes to myself telling me what I still need to get but I'm just wondering if it's a bit early to have everything in by or I'm just being prepared lol. Only thing left to get is my pram xx

I bought tonnes of clothes starting from about 12 weeks lol!!

I'm 7 weeks and desperate to buy something pretty! I won't be able to help myself once we get a bit further and can start buying! Has anyone bought anything before 12 weeks?! Xx

Sorry totally jumping in here ha! :oooo:

Last edited:
I was too scared to buy anything before the 12 week scan. Have only recently starting buying bits of clothes. X

I bought 2 sleep suits in Feb before I was even pregnant in good hope after seeing a friends newborn! I only got them because it was so relevant to my husband and I and had giraffes on (we have a giraffe thing between us). Call me crazy but hey, I couldn't not and my mother in law didn't say not to lol! Since we've found out though I'm too nervous to buy anything just because it's seen as 'bad taste' kind of thing really! Xx

Before 12 weeks I bought a couple of slings (baby carriers). One just came out so had to be done and then another one I liked was ridiculously reduced in the "Black Friday" sales so I snapped it up on offer (it was only slightly more than half price).

I don't think I bought any clothes at that time but only because everything was autumn/winter ranges and the baby is due in the summer (any day now). Otherwise I probably would have lol!

I bought 2 sleep suits in Feb before I was even pregnant in good hope after seeing a friends newborn!

I had done that too lol. Before I even got pregnant I had about 6 baby grows/sleepsuits and rompers that I'd bought ages ago in various sales and stashed haha!!

Glad I'm not the only one haha! Cannot wait to start buying properly! I have a fetish for buying tiny human things! Xx

I had a few things too pre pregnancy but to be honest i haven't really bought anything!! Im not finding out sex and im first of friends and family to have a baby so everyone has told me to leave it cause ill end up with loads. Poor child will end up with nothing haha

I just can't help myself lol keep telling myself that he doesn't need anymore clothes but every time I'm out I end up with something. Just hoping he's not a really big baby that doesn't even fit into his clothes coz there all newborn lol

I bought one pack of sleep suits when we found out the gender and I bought a Moses basket as it was a bargain in a charity shop but that's it! I have lots of clothes left over from my daughter, but she was a June baby so spent the first few months of her life in rompers.. I really need to make a list!! X

I started buying unisex baby grows after i had my first scan then when I found out the gender I have started buying blue! I can't help myself either everytime I go to town or to the super market I always end up buying clothes lol x

Ive mainly just got my big things in and my back up stuff. So like Ive got my snuz and pram, got loads of first size and nb and 0-3 baby grows, socks bibs and whatever else Ive picked up.

But Ive actually been super laid back this pregnancy. I finish work a month before giving birth so, I have plenty of time then. Im too busy trying to see myself to the end of the pregnancy, working and looking after a toddler :lol:

Cant afford to be ocd :p

xxxxx

Last edited:
Once we knew we were having a boy I got a lot of basics in, but have also had hand me downs from a cousin and a family friend. This is first Grandson on my side, SiL had a girl last summer and second on DH's side (my DsS, but he's almost ten, so a whole new baby phase lol) so, not first, but like first iykwim but I never expect to rely on a load of gifts, I feel that's a bit presumptuous of me though I see how my in-laws spend on DsS ad their great nieces and nephews, it's incredibly generous.

I need to begin hospital bag prep for baby (my sutff is half bought and I'm used to packing overnight bags etc) which I'm looking forward to!

I'm thinking baby will be quite long and a decent size so I'm planning a mix of Newborn and 0-3 for hospital bag but I have a couple of second hand tiny baby bits from cousin as her son was a bit prem so I'll take one of two of them as well.

Lxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back