Baby seems to be WORSE with Colief

SRob

Reaction score
What is going on with my child?! My 4 week old appears to have colic - he screams an awful lot and arches his back whilst doing so - he does this whilst being winded and after feeds. We have tried Infacol, Comfort Milk, Tommee Tippee Anti-Colic bottles, and yesterday we got prescribed Colief - whilst LO gave almighty belches, it just does not seem to settle him. I have just done a night feed... he NEVER usually screams excessively during night feed.... but an hour later he has only just settled down after a largely sicky feed and plenty of screams.

I am seriously at the end of my tether. Colief feels like it it so much worse - he has been sick with both bottles made up with Colief now and he isn't usually sick. Why is he screaming, arching his back, and now puking too?!

Last edited:
Wow reading your thread brought back some painful memories for me! I totally sympathise with you.. My LO was like this for 6 months!!! In the end they came to the conclusion she had Colic and Reflux. Could your LO possibly have reflux too? The acid rises in babies stomache is supposed to be awfully painful and will cause them to scream excessively x

Sent from my annoyingly slow iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say same as Louise. My girl was diagnosed with reflux at same age as ur LO. She done exactly the same but appeared to be gasping, making horrible noises in her throat. Our GP sent us to a+e then we got admitted for a sleep study as she was alarming the apneoa monitor-but it turns out to be reflux. She's on ranitadine now and I let her sleep on her tummy. We bought the angelcare monitor for peace of mind. She sleeps 12 hours right through now. Colief worked for us but I didn't use for long as she seemed to settle after the diagnosis. Maybe worth discussing with gp/hv. Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk-its rubbish tho so can't see tickers or upload pics!

Thanks for the advice ladies. Will see how he goes with the Colief today and if it doesn't help then will go back to the GP. I really dread feeds these days as it involves a lot of crying and screaming. My LO does settle better when laid across my lap on his tummy, whilst having his back stroked - maybe it is reflux.

Could be a milk allergy?! But to cows milk as opposed to lactose intolerance x

Yes perhaps try some medicated formula. Nothing worked for my lo until I tried SMA wysoy Formula and he was like a different child immediately.

My daughter had reflux and would behave the same way after each feed and comfort milk etc didn't help - all colief does is pre-digest the lactose in the milk so that it is easier on the stomach - comfort milk already has the lactose partly digested so is similar.

i switched my daughter to lactose free milk for a while (doctor wouldn't prescribe it - long story) so I bought it. And she was a different baby very quickly - she still puked up some of the feed, but would be smiling while she puked - not screaming and going rigid! she thrived, put on weight etc - so we just had a happy puker!

I do feel for you it gets to the point where you dread feeding them - which is really not how those early months should be - feeding should be a nice calm relaxed time for you to sit with your baby :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back