Baby rice at two months

niknaks

Reaction score
I've been told by some people that Leandro is a hungry baby and that when he's two months I should start putting a teeny bit of baby rice in his milk. Firstly I don't think he is a hungry baby I've been told by a family friend who is a midwife that he's a windy baby and some people mistake that for hunger and now I know n what his hunger cry sounds like. But ive also heard different things about baby rice so young. The thing is even my Mum told me to do the same but she only did it with me through doctors orders add I wouldn't keep down milk. Any one have any advice? Xxx

If he's hungry he will take more milk . Honestly dont give him rice so young its not good for a babies digestive system and they dont need it . Its also not advised to put anything other thank milk into a bottle . Try winding him more , as you say he is probably just a windy baby .

Def don't put anything in his milk, it's an old fashioned thing and baby's intestines are not ready until at least 4 months. If you personally think he's hungry and draining bottle after bottle of regular milk you can try him on a hungry baby milk instead. Like you friend suggested its probably wind as babies often feed more and scream to relieve the trapped wind, you could also try some infacol if he seems in pain to help bring any wind up.

I think it's why there are so many allergies and obesity around these days as people used to wean babies too soon.

Dont listen to them hun, advice used to be to wean at 8 weeks but now we know it can lead to obesity and allergies in later life.

How much is he taking per feed?

Defo don't put anything in bottles, it's a choking hazard!! I'm a big believer in knowing your own baby! As you said, you know the difference between a windy cry and a hungry one! I weaned Katie at 11 weeks cos she was a hungry baby and it was the right decision for us! Every baby's different and apart from doctors and other trained people, no one can tell you what to do with your own!!

It's up to you what you do with your baby. Caleb was having ridiculous amounts of milk, drinking over 7oz, 7 times a day, so we started giving him a rusk mixed with milk off a spoon and I've never seen him so happy! That's when he was 9 weeks. He's 13, almost 14 weeks now and we hgive him the organix apple rice stuff and the aptamil creamy porridge with some fruit puree in. He's so much happier and contented now and is still having loads of milk. He was 10lb 4 1/2oz born and was always hungry. I had to give formula top ups from 6 days old because he was feeding 24/7...

If you think he's a hungry baby, then only you know your baby, but if you're unsure if he's really hungry, try the more milk/hungry milk options first, we did with caleb and it didn't work so that's why we moved on. We never gave him baby rice as it its really bland and I wasn't keen after reading the site that hopefulmummy posted.

Xx

Thanx everyone. Yeah I'm not going to even I thought it was a bit silly. I even keep telling my Mum but she not listening sand is all like in did it with you but in the end I couldn't even stomach the baby rice and ended up being tube fed. I don't think he is a hungry baby. He has about 5 oz but doesn't drink it all. He probably has about 3 1/2 at a time and spits a lot out or wants to be winded. Only thing us it takes me so long to wind him or hell just go to sleep. I've now put him on that colic milk but still doesn't help :-( xxc

Gripe water is pretty good at getting the wind up, have you tried that?? X

Do what you feel is right hun, but don't put it in his milk, offer a teeny bit on a spoon. I think it is too young, but some babies are more hungry. Our nephew was draining 9oz bottle one after another and still screaming for more so milk was not enough for him, he was 9 weeks old and SIL give baby rice a try, but on a spoon not in bottle. He ate it, properly ate it, it didn't come out the front so he was ready. He is now 10 years old and eats anything and everything. He LOVES food!

But... you know your baby. If you have doubt about it then don't do it xxxxxx

Honestly? I would not not not give baby rice. I'd give something else if you're going to.

Everybody has their own opinions on it.

We started giving Savannah some aptamil porridge at four months and started on purees shortly after.

People were trying to convince me to wean her earlier but i stuck to my grounds and waited until I believed she was ready. If you think she is then that's great because you know your baby best but if your not sure and are feeling pressured by other people then that's not so great and maybe its not the right time to start.

Xx

Honestly? I would not not not give baby rice. I'd give something else if you're going to.

WSS^^ regardless of age, baby rice is horrible stuff.

Defo don't put anything in bottles, it's a choking hazard!! I'm a big believer in knowing your own baby! As you said, you know the difference between a windy cry and a hungry one! I weaned Katie at 11 weeks cos she was a hungry baby and it was the right decision for us! Every baby's different and apart from doctors and other trained people, no one can tell you what to do with your own!!

Totally agree!! It's even changed from 3months to 4 months since I had Jaycee and Ellie..!
Hungry baby milk will work if they polish off their milk and still hungry.. Id give it to baby gradually.. Not 100% switch straight to hungry milk in case it upsets their tummy or make them constipated.. I had this problem with Jaycee xx

Thanx everyone. Yeah I'm not going to even I thought it was a bit silly. I even keep telling my Mum but she not listening sand is all like in did it with you but in the end I couldn't even stomach the baby rice and ended up being tube fed. I don't think he is a hungry baby. He has about 5 oz but doesn't drink it all. He probably has about 3 1/2 at a time and spits a lot out or wants to be winded. Only thing us it takes me so long to wind him or hell just go to sleep. I've now put him on that colic milk but still doesn't help :-( xxc

Tell your mum this is your baby and you know what's best but appreciate her advice xx

If he's not finishing his milk he's not hungry.. My nephew (18 weeks) will take half his milk, be winded then spit the rest out but cry for it... He has to have it really warm or he refuses to drink it no matter how hungry he is.. Ellie had to drink it almost hot up to the age of 2..
Try re heating it (if it's made fresh) or making two 3oz bottles for him each feed depending how u like to give it to him (freshly made or heated)

There's different opinions on the weaning early thing. I personally wouldn't do it as early as 2/3 months, but would consider it at around 4 months. Before then as others have said, babies stomachs & insides aren't ready. I know some ppl have done it early successfully but it doesn't mean that its good for them. They're so little. I'd hold off a wee while & defo dont put anything in bottle.

:)

Thanx everyone. Don't think i will add anything. he is definetly a windy baby. weve now been giving him gripe water and its helped a lot. Also had his first projectile vomit incident too :-$ im gonna carry on giving him the comfort feed but now hes drinking neary all the bottle so im debating whether to give him hungry milk. also with the comfort hes only doing one poo a day and its huge! dunno if thats normal or not xxx

How much is he taking hun?

sent from my Galaxy s2

He takes 5oz nut spits a lot out and normally leaves around San ounce xxc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27