Baby refuses to take formula

futuremum

Reaction score
Hello!!!

Was wondering if it happened to anybody. I am trying my hardest to breastfeed Thomas but sometimes he can ask for the boob all day every 10 minutes which is tiring. then, i have OH stressing me out saying I do not produce enough milk that is why he is so startving and to sort something out. So I tried to give him a bottle of formula, SMA gold but he just refused it. It cannot be the bottle as he will happily drink expressed milk from the bottle.

Any advice on this? I am a bit worried as i am planning to go back to work and he will have to be on formula.

Thanks

I would try Aptimil, it's very close to breast milk ingredients wise (don't know about taste though!)

If he is putting on weight then he can't be "starving" as you OH puts it.

I'm not sure if you can mix breastmilk and forumla in one bottle and wean him onto it that way.. maybe ask your HV if you can do that.

I was going to suggest Aptamil, Damien was quite happy switching between the two.
Have you tried warming it to a different temperature? Probbbly sounds daft but my friends daughter would only take formula when it was warmed thoroughly. If you are doing that already then I'm afraid I don't know what else to suggest.

Apart from what everyone else suggests the only other thing I can think of is getting OH to give Thomas the formula. Thomas may smell the milk on you and whilst he is happy to take breast milk from a bottle maybe formula tastes differently (??) and he prfers breast milk and he knows he can have breast milk if you are there - does this make sense as I am not explaining it very well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back