Baby Proofing the house...

I must have been lucky, I didnt really baby proof with AJ. A 'ahh ahh' did the trick if he was up to no good.
We will do the same with S, only this time around I'll have to watch out for AJ's small toys too!!

We do have a stairgate at the top of the stairs (we are 1st floor flat) and one to the kitchen. Corner protectors on the glass tv stand, meds have always been top shelf in the cupboard, we recently fitted a new kitchen and still have to fit a lock to the cleaning cupboard.

I honestly can tell you, that is a load of rubbish, last month my friends little girl spent 5 days in hospital after sticking a key in one if their sockets. The socket covers I have you have to use a device to remove them, even I can't do it! So for me, they are a must!

Hi Toni, that must have been a truly scary experience and would leave anyone feeling frightened. Sometimes though it is important to stop and consider what actually happened, I am making the assumption that this was in the UK, and the socket was a standard flat pin socket. If that was the case, then to have been able to put a key into the socket the shutters must have been either broken, or held permanently open because a plastic earth pin had broken off in the top hole - which is most probable. The most likely reason for a broken pin is that a socket cover broke!

I encourage everyone to check that the shutters in all of their sockets are working properly, you can do this by getting down and taking a close look at the lower two holes in each socket. You should ensure that you are looking with your eyes at the same level as the socket, you may need to use a torch to see clearly. It is also a good idea to insert a plug, then remove it to ensure that the shutters have closed again. If you are not sure how to tell if the shutter is there, please refer to the photographs on the FAQ page at FatallyFlawed.

If your shutters have been broken then the socket needs to be replaced, the use of plug-in socket covers is not a safe alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back