Baby not eating need finger food ideas for lunch and dinner

violet13

Reaction score
Hey ladies my son won't eat from a spoon anymore he smacks it out of my hands or spits the food out it started at dinner time and now it's breakfast lunch and dinner he's not wanting to eat :/ finger food ideas please xxx

Anything can be finger food if you don't mind mess (barring soup and yoghurt).

Mix porridge with less milk so it's thicker [and easier to grab] same with cereal.

All fruit, veg and salad can be cut into hand held sizes, same with meat. Pasta is good - penne or even spaghetti. Bee even eats cous cous and rice with her hands.

Everything is possible as finger food..... I know as I have a spoon refuser!!

X

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks Hun, Doug spaghetti and meatballs for dinner I'm hoping no he eats it it's been days of refusal I'm at my wits end! He'll eat yoghurt and toast and fruit pouches that's it xxx

My little boy loves to self feed to. I think they just get to a stage where they want to experiment with food themselves. He has cheerios with a little milk so he can pick them up, weetabix the same way. Pasta salad? Fish fingers? Fruit covered in yoghurt? I just give him whatever I have but cut into chunks he can hold. It's a messy way of feeding but much more fun. Embrace and enjoy it, it's a good thing!

My lg done exactly this and I give her pretty much anything. Home made chips, omelette fingers, all sorts of fruit chopped/cucumber, cold/cooked meats, rice, pasta, dry cereal, humous and pitta.

My daughter is the same and eats just about anything herself, she even manages soup with her hands although messy. Have th tried giving him the spoon to feed himself also? My LG eats her mashed veggies herself these days.

But yeah as above anything goes

Beans, peas and mince are my lo's fave. She loves chilli con carne and last night ate a load of paella Inc prawns, I was so chuffed as i love prawns

Oh and haggis went down really well here

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back