Baby naps during the day

minikins

Reaction score
Not sure if this will help any of you, but for ages my little man seemed to get quite cranky during the day when I had fed, changed him etc and nothing I did seems to make any difference in easing his bad mood.

Now as soon as he seems a bit dozy or yawns a few times I put him down in his basket and after a while (somes with a few tears of protest but nothing extreme) he goes down for a nap and some quiet time. Sometimes I hear him on the monitor just talking to himself but it's still good to get them away from stimulation for a few times during the day.

Now his days are a lot more happy and so am I ;)

i have the same problem, once he has fed, been changed and had a bit of activity he gets moody and cries, and will usually go of to sleep, as long as he doesn't get over stimulated. i must get use to letting him sleep in the cot during the day insteasd of leaving him on the sofa :?

Yep, my poor little contented Noah has rapidly changed over the last few days. He tends to be at his most awake in the mornings and in the evenings. You have to constantly do things with him and bounce him and carry him etc or he just cries. The other night he was particularly grouchy and screamed blue murder for 2 and a half hours dispite being fed and clean, cuddled, burped, warm etc. In the end I started crying too and I put him down in the nursery and closed the door and left him to cry for ten mins, while I went back down stairs and calmed myself and had a break from him, it was really hard to leave him crying but it was what was needed. when I returned to him 10 mins later (still screaming) I picked him up and he stopped instantly and fell straight to sleep in my arms!

I have found the best way to pacify him when he wont go down is to lie on my back and put him on my stomach tummy to tummy with his head resting between my boobs, and gently stroke his back this seems to calm him and I can relax at the same time!

-Cat- said:
Yep, my poor little contented Noah has rapidly changed over the last few days. He tends to be at his most awake in the mornings and in the evenings. You have to constantly do things with him and bounce him and carry him etc or he just cries.

It can be so draining when you constantly have to entertain them. I am only on here now as Dominic is napping.

It's refreshing to know we all have the same sort of situations with our babies. Sometimes this website (as much as I love it), freaks me out as everyone seems to have a perfect time of things, but I am sure that is just how I perceive things.

It's getting a lot better now though, but the time change with the clocks messed things up - tee hee !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back