baby moving

Discussion in 'Ask a Mum!' started by Jen & Her Men, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Jen & Her Men

Jen & Her Men Well-Known Member

hello mummies :wave:

I was just wondering how much you found your LO moved in you from around 37 weeks.

I will be 37 weeks on Sunday, with my first baby, and I have been told he slows right down from about 35 weeks and to count that i feel him 10 times a day.

Well, its more like 10 times a second! Especially the past 2 days. He doesnt stop! Literally! He is moving about all the time and kept me awake most of last night kicking me in the ribs and headbutting my pelvis (well thats what it felt like anyway!)
    Im starting to get worried there is sommat up with him cos he is moving around that much. I threw up yesterday too and feel sick and I dont know if thats cos he is upsetting my tummy through his constant acrobatics or if its non-related.

Just wondered what your experiences at this stage were and whether you think I should be worried.....

2. fran_23

fran_23 Well-Known Member

Hi :wave: i think it varies from person to person-
    but i def remember a lot of movement at this stage, for me it was mainly when i tried to sleep a night but i got a lot of rippling and feet pushing out
    of my side in the day- its nothing to worry about if anything its a good sign to feel lots of movement and wriggles. My baby also used to get hiccups about 3 times a day! lol

3. leckershell

leckershell Well-Known Member

I remember a lot of movement too but it died down closer to my due date, 39 weeks ish... (still went 10 days over, mind!). just remember if you're ever worried to call your midwife, she'll have heard much stupider things x

4. Jen & Her Men

Thanks Fran! My LO gets hiccups about 3 times a day too! Its cute but feels very weird!

5. evemarie8

evemarie8 Well-Known Member

My LO never stopped moving or even slowed down, in fact when I was in labour he was still shifting about!

6. Jen & Her Men

and does he still move around a lot now? Is he a good sleeper and stuff?

Cos my mum reckons my LO is gonna be a hyperactive child!!! She thinks that what he is like now will be the same when he comes out.

Have you found this to be the case?

7. fran_23

fran_23 Well-Known Member

i read that when i was pregnant, i think it said that whatever pattern of waking baby has in the womb would follow after birth but actually
    Hayden has been a brilliant sleeper despite keeping me up all night moving around. he was sleeping through quite quick and hes still brilliant
    with sleeping thank goodness- i didnt have too many sleepless nights :)

8. trixipaws

trixipaws Well-Known Member

it varied from day to day. melissa stopped kicking when she got too big it was more like shifting her weight and squirming. she went quite quiet a few days before i gave birth, then moved loads about 36 hours before she was born then didnt move AT ALL until she came out!

9. evemarie8

evemarie8 Well-Known Member

Definately!! He is very active, only in the day though, he's an angel at night!!!!

10. Babylicious

Babylicious Well-Known Member

paris never slowed down either

11. leighannex

leighannex Well-Known Member

amber was a constant wriggler from around 28-34/35wk ish
    then her movements decreased alot, but still got 10 movements
    probably around 38 going on 39wk she started to move loads again, and constantly moved through labour which hurt to be honest

she is so active now, all her arms n legs go when she sleeps lol