Baby moving down

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Anyone who's baby has already moved down and its been confirmed etc, can you explain how you know when your baby has moved down and what feelings you get etc?

Sent from my BlackBerry using Tapatalk

It gets more uncomfortable down below in general, for me the baby felt like he would fall out!! Not quite that easy unfortunately lol

I feel my bump has dropped - it's slightly easier to breathe and bend. Less pain at the top of my bump now, but as princess said more uncomfortable down below. I feel really heavy down there and am waddling more cos it's like there's something down between my legs! When baby moves I also get a air amount of 'stabs' right down in my cervix which I can only assume is baby pressing on a nerve / tickling me?!

Exactly what the girls have described. The only other thing I noticed is the hiccups.. Babies head bounced down onto my bladder and I could feel it alot more than usual x

What the other girls have said you can breathe easier but do feel like your walking with a football on between your legs lol xxx

yeah the cervix pain makes it harder to get up or walk around. space under your boobs is amazing tho!

i am confused......i am sure baby is low down cos i get the hiccup sensation right down on my pubic hair line!! plus when i go to turn over in bed then the pressure is all in my foof....but baby is also still very high up....like bum in ribs job...

it could be that i am just little....have a very short body and so maybe baby is starting to engage but will always still feel quite high cos i am such a short arse?? x

possibly, im almost 6ft and have a fairly long torso. mw hasnt said anything about baby engaging yet but she is head down and i know when she moved head down it started hurting my cervix and putting pressure on my pelvis that hadnt been there before and there was less pressure on my ribs and the top of my bump. i still get jabbed in the ribs a bit and there is a bum just under my boobs but there is a bit of space compared to what there was before. i think that when they properly engage they move down even more and thats when you really notice the extra room.

it could be that i am just little....have a very short body and so maybe baby is starting to engage but will always still feel quite high cos i am such a short arse?? x

I'm the same, I'm only 5ft! When LO gets hiccups it usually feels really low down, like in my bum! But when he moves about, I feel the movements allover my tummy, especially on my sides.

I've began feeling a lot more sore low down under my tummy and it's harder to get up when I've been laid down. I haven't noticed that I can breathe any better though, in fact the opposite when I lay down in bed for the first time, I sometimes have to catch my breath (iykwim?)

Last edited:
i get elbows in my sides near my belly button lol

i get elbows in my sides near my belly button lol

yeah i do....and then knees higher up at the side and then feet poking into my ribs area.....and then a bum up now and again just under my boobs :)

I think my LO must be allover the place! I get most big movements beside my belly button on either side, and tickley feelings really low down, but then an hour or so later it completely changes and it's like his entire body is bulging out of my side.. it's so uncomfy!

all sounds normal....:)

just the way they lie hon in the fetal position.....hands and knees and legs and toes everywhere!!!

i get prods everywhere too......xx

I don't know if he's engaged at all yet, but midwife said two weeks ago that his head was very low down. I noticed some more lower back pain, a bit less heart burn, more pressure on my bladder (both that I need to go to the loo more often, but sometimes it's like I can feel him move his head on top of my bladder... kind of like I feel something pushing that makes me feel like I need to pee, but then it eases up again a few seconds after). Also thought it seemed like my belly shrunk a bit, and his feet are kicking a bit lower than before. Still getting some jabs in my ribs, but usually I feel it a bit below by ribs (ribs in the front that is! So more like below solar plexus I guess, since the ribs are quite low on the side of the body... anyway :p )

Baby was head down at my last mw app and I also feel sometimes that she's pushing my bladder. But often feel her in my ribs and sides as well. So I'm not sure if she's engaged or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back