Baby movements

rach4910

Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking for advice/ reassurance.
I'm 27 weeks pregnant with number 2. Since yesterday Afternoon I've noticed a change in baby's movements. It's not that I haven't felt anything at all, but just less and not as strong. Normally baby moves a lot at night when I turn over but nothing last night and only a few smaller movements so far this morning. Trying not to be concerned as baby has probably just moved around and maybe facing inwards but should I go to the hospital?

X

Hiya. If your concerned ring your local triage for some advice. I rang when I was 26+4 because I hadn't felt baby move much and they asked me some questions...was it my first pregnancy..am I high risk etc...and they told me to go in to be monitored. At 27 weeks they still have a bit of room to move but it's still best to get checked. Now I am nearly 32 weeks I can see more of a pattern in movements as there is less space and I can feel more of baby and get her to wake up if she hasn't moved much! Even though this is my 2nd pregnancy it's still scarey and just want her here now so I can stop worrying xx

My midwife always tell me to call if I notice any change in babys movements. It's probably nothing to worry about, but give them a ring to get checked over to be on safe side. At the very least it will put your mind at ease

Thanks for your replies. Baby decided to wake up at breakfast and gave me a big push so think all is fine. Will definitely ring triage next time though.
X

Yep. Always ring Assessment Unit if worried. Use your own common sense" which you have done, but don't ever leave it if it's changed.
Also, babies don't run out of room to move... it's a myth. They should move throughout right until you give birth and whilst you're in labour.
Read up about the charity Kicks Count as they give the proper advice. You can follow them on Facebook and they have a good website.
Please, please don't ever leave it :) Good luck for rest of preg. Enjoy it! Xx

So glad the baby has given you some good movement. With my previous 2 pregnancies, I found that between 25-28 weeks the movements felt weaker. Then there was a day where the movements were so strong and painful. After that they became regular. At my next mw appt she confirmed each time that they had turned head down.

That being said definitely always go in if youre at all concerned. Noticing lack of movement literally saved my eldest daughter's life. Also always remember that hiccups dont count as movement as they are just reflexes.xx

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back