Baby movements and night shifts!

Maaaaaac

Reaction score
Just wanted some advice. Its really been drilled into me about monitoring baby movements from being on here and im just so anxious about it!

I really cant seem to see a pattern at all. Is it too early for a discernible pattern? My baby is relatively active most days it does seem to have 'quieter' days and i start to panic amd think should i ring maternity. I dont have a mw to talk to about this and my next antenatal appointment isnt for another two weeks.

I work night shifts so i dont have any routine. In work it just depends how busy it is if i feel baby kick. Some nights i dont sit at all so i know they say that plenty of movement rocks baby to sleep. So it could be 12 hours before im aware of baby. Then im sleeping some of the day either after or before night shift so dont feel baby. I dont know maybe im panicking over nothing. Can baby not have a pattern at all?

Any help is much appreciated cause i feel im going to be pestering maternity otherwise!

Last edited:
I'm sure is possible for there to be no real pattern especially if you don't have a "pattern" yourself. On days that I'm super busy either at work or doing things at home I don't notice her moving as much - midwife has said that's due to being distracted by other things really. If you are concerned though midwife told me to have a cold fizzy drink then lay on my left side - any movements should start pretty soon!!

I'm nearly 27 weeks and not yet establishing a pattern, apart from 8-9pm at night she has a bit of a kick about, then kind of acts as an alarm clock in the morning (the best alarm clock may I add!!). She's been really lazy in the hot weather but the heat does that to everyone! Xx

Also I went through an awful phase of anxiety at 23 weeks when I'd felt loads of movements the previous weeks but nothing around that point, and was on the phone to triage every other day. They were lovely though and told me that's the exact reason they are there - for advice and reassurance. I know why to do now to get the movements going before calling them! But please call if you are worried xx

Thanks :) its all just so nerve wracking! Im just too excited and want to know baby is okay lol. Ill def try that tip out of things are too quiet. Im glad they were nicei just dont want to be a nuisance. I had a really really busy and stressful night in work but baby must have knew cause i got a few wee kicks every hour which kept me going :)

I felt exactly the same when calling them, didn't want to be a nuisance or waste their time but they were lovely. I've struggled with anxiety on and off during this pregnancy as we have lost 3 before so I agree, it's totally nerve wracking!!! Want to enjoy pregnancy as I've had it really good so far, but my head lets me down at times. I find myself laid on the disabled toilet floor at work at times to get some movements going!! Luckily I've calmed down more recently xx

I am 37 weeks and bean still doesn't have a pattern! He just has a kick and stretch when he feels like it... I have gotten used to the amount he moves throughout the day and roughly know when he is having a quieter day that I do get checked out, although I normally check in at MAU and tada, he starts moving! I have seen other people say that their baby's pattern is that they don't have a pattern x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back