Baby monitors

I'd like to know also so stalking this thread.. my dd is now 6wks old and we put her to bed at 8pm but feel like we're confined to the upstairs so need a monitor soon! X

I did a thread asking exactly the same in pregnancy chat! So confusing with the different choices available...
I have just yesterday ordered an angelcare ac300 sensor mat for monitoring movements below the mattress and also a bt 300 for audio, based on what some folk were saying. The bt one was highly rated on the which? website. ;-)

Thanks! Just confusing when to buy this. Are you planning to have baby in the same room during the day in the beginning ( in a moses basket, bouncer etc. )? Our crib is on the first floor so definitely need something if I leave her there? Have a bouncer I can put her in downstairs which doesn't need a monitor though..

Found this one that records movements and sounds. "Angelcare Simplicity AC601 Movemnet Sensor with Sound Baby Monitor". Any good? :)

Babe'll be in our room at night in a Moses basket for the first months, not sure about during the day, whether we'll move the basket downstairs on leave it upstairs for naps... guess we'll see! Might ask health visitor that one next week.
The ac601 was what I nearly bought but then changed my mind at the last minute! Partly because I found the two I went for cheaper overall, using eBay, partly because of the which rating on the bt one... some had mentioned the battery life was really good on that one too. The angelcare 601 was definitely looking good though as an all rounder ;-)

I did a thread asking exactly the same in pregnancy chat! So confusing with the different choices available...
I have just yesterday ordered an angelcare ac300 sensor mat for monitoring movements below the mattress and also a bt 300 for audio, based on what some folk were saying. The bt one was highly rated on the which? website. ;-)

Found your question.. Quite funny since it was very similar to mine! Will read though now :)

We have gone with the tommee tipee 1500 which we got at the baby show it was this or the Angel care and we went for this one. It includes sensor mat, video monitoring, room temp, night light, two way talk back. Not sure if it is the right choice as so many to choose from but we shall see.

I got the angelcare AC1100 for his room and a snuza, that clips to the nappy for the Moses basket or naps downstairs. I read you can't use the mat for angelcare in a Moses basket!

Oh - I read that you can, but apparently if it's a hollow frame or memory foam mattress it won't work, is all...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back