Baby monitors

YorksLass

Reaction score
Any recommendations? I'm looking at the moment and have been researching a bit into the movement sensor ones like the angelcare and snuza. Any pros and cons for those types? I'd like some basic audio one at least... I just don't know what's best to do as a ftm.
Yet again find myself bombarded by too much choice and variety, too many brands... lol
Cheers! ;-)

BT 300 Digital Baby Monitor https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00KJJEAFI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_-4BnxbVGS638D

Angelcare AC300 Movement Only Monitor by Angelcare https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00PXFFBHO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_75BnxbHE44GGV

I have the BT baby monitor for the bedroom (used with my first and kept) brill lil
Night light to!

I was given the angel care sensor off my step sister, i used it for almost 2yrs with my first and for me it was really reassuring!
I defo recommend.

If u defo want the sensor mat id buy the angelcare duo monitor and sensor to save u money.

I only have these two as the sensor we have was just for movement so wanted an actual monitor too xx

Last edited:
We had a fairly standard tomy audio one at first and were happy with it, but then we were given a video monitor and don't know how we coped without it! We didn't need to use a monitor the first 4 months last time as baby slept where ever we were so haven't decided what we're going to use with the new baby. Hoping won't need one on toddler by the time we need one for baby so we don't have to fork out for a 2nd camera. I think the sensor ones are a good idea if baby won't be sleeping in with you or if you are a deep sleeper.

Last edited:
We've bought the angelcare ac1100 with camera and sensor mat. Just depends what type of thing you are looking for. Angelcare generally get pretty good reviews x

We bought the angelcare with video monitor and sensor mat, we had originally bought a cheap £30 one but the picture quality was really bad, one night when he was about 16 weeks I woke up and found him lying face down it scared the life out of me I just had a piece of mind with the sensor mat it can be exoensive enough but to us it was worth every penny

I have the angle care with the sensor after friends had rated it x

Thanks all! The Angelcare stuff does look good... pricey, but we'll see what we can find! Maybe even just to get the sensor mat and then a different audio one perhaps ;-)

Have a look on ebay hun! Im sure ull find a bargain on there xx

Amazon had an offer on their were down about £60 keep an eye out for deals, there's also a website called play pennies you can get great discounts I got my son s Christmas pressies for about a quarter of the usual price

Will do - I'm a right one for 2nd hand stuff, especially eBay :) will see if there's some discount deals around too...

I've got a £20 off voucher for an angelcare one that I got off Emma's Diary site. Have a look on there for deals xx

Oh, I forget about the Emma's diary thing... ta!

I had a cheap motorola video one on my son....found it brilliant so will be using with this one too :)

I'm ftm also & we have the Angel care sensor one, the one without the video. We opted for that because we knew we'd become obsessed with watching it & still end up going into the room to check anyways so for us paying the extra wasn't worth it (& we actually got ours from a friend who had been given 3! So was brand new, the one we wanted & got it for cheap!)

I've just bought a vtech video one from the baby show for £50. Nearly got suckered into one that uses your iPhone as the monitor but decided it was just a gimmick.

I have bought the Tommer Tippee monitor and sensor pad. Not used it yet as still waiting for little one to arrive but has good reviews and I bought it when it was half price at £50.

Last edited:
I got the angelcare sensor mat for my son when he was 7 weeks old, and the cheap Motorola baby monitors. I got the sensor mat off eBay for about £30, it was a shop return, but worked fine, and I used it until he was about 18 months. Going to be using it for this one. Gave me peace of mind, and it only went off once, when he had managed to tuck himself right in the corner of the cot.

Thanks for the suggestions! Summergurl, that was exactly my thinking - I don't want a video one for the same reason! I'm thinking definitely some sort of sensor mat/audio combo now ;-)

We used the motorola camera monitor. They are expensive but it has been on every day since my DS was around 5 months old! It didn't fancy the sensor ones but not sure specifically why, think I preferred to see and hear and if I was worried he hadn't moved just go and check on him.

I had him in bednest for first 6 months at night too so I would often wake and check he was breathing by putting my hand on him. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back