Baby monitor advice

TTC1985

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Hope you are all doing well.

Has anyone got their monitors yet? If so which one did you buy?

We are looking at the Angel Care and Motorola ones with video monitor but just not sure which one to get so looking for peoples personal experiences.

Thank you xx

Commenting so i can find out too! Everyone has told me to not get a sensor mat one as they are really sensitive and seem to cause more grief than anything theres my two cents :)

Yeah I have heard the same ;-) ... I definitely want one with a video feature/screen but the sensor mat (unless someone can convince me otherwise) seems a bit pointless if they go off all the time etc.

Hopefully someone will be able to help!

Last edited:
I had the Angel care with sensor mat last time and defo 100% using again.
I also had a Motorola video one for when we were at the caravan, it isn't that great x

The sensor mat never went off unless I forgot to switch it off on a night feed and lifted baby out, then the alarm sounded x

I got the angel with video and mat. It was a Godsend for us and definitely made us feel a little safer at night! We will be using it now with our new addition, we've had it 3 years now and still working perfectly so in my own opinion it was worth the money. We had a cheap Motorola one we got for about £40 but it was terrible sound and picture so a waste of money for us

Would yous recommend the mats? I haven't heard anyone else like them haha! My anxiety is through the roof and i think id be freaking out constantly, im even reluctant to get a video one cause i think ill just sit staring constantly lol. My mum nevr had ones for my little sisters nor my aunties for their kids, like no monitor at all!

Thank you for your help ladies.

I think we are set on the Angel care i think the question now is do we get the one with the mat?

It seems you ladies like yours, and it would give us peace of mind. Its so hard to know what to do for the best with these things. Especially as its our first.

xx

They can be sensitive depending on the floor in your house but doesn't take long to adjust to get it right it really gave me peace of mind, I woke up one night to find my son lying face down and not moving, I freaked out and ordered the monitor, I would have been a nervous wreck otherwise, I like the video because if he's calling out I can see if it's just in his sleep or if he's actually up

ive got the angelcare with mat, you can adjust the sensitivity on it. i love it, never had it go off on its own & helped me get some sleep in the early days when i was really paranoid about her not breathing

Hi Maaac, I didn't sleep soundly for a minute until we purchased our angel care mat! I am more anxious than most but I had to check on her 10+ times a night to check she was still breathing I was so scared of SIDS.. Yes as she got older she started rolling completely off the mat and the alarm went off but by that age she was past the danger zone so I felt comfortable enough not using it.. In conclusion, they are an absolute God send for the more anxious (which we probably all are during our babies' first few months!) xx

I was a nanny previously, and worked with families which had both the monitors that you are thinking about. Although the Motorola one is grainy and not the best quality picture, I preferred it to having to constantly remember to switch off a sensor mat in case of setting off alarm which upsets you when you're half asleep as well as a tired baby. It's personal choice though.

I worked with one family that did quite strict sleep training, so the Motorola was essential for me in making sure the baby was ok (not climbing out the cot or sick) whilst we did controlled crying. I hated controlled crying, but as a nanny, it was my job to follow the parent's wishes!

Overall, I think I will be going without any monitor for the start, as my twins will be cot sharing which would confuse a sensor mat, and I certainly won't be doing any sleep training until they are 9 months+, if I decide to do it at all. That would be my only reason for getting one really.

Last edited:
I had the tommee tippee video monitor and sensor mat. The mat kept going off all the time. It was a nightmare, although the video is good.

I now have the angelcare which doesn't have a video and the sesonr pad has never gone off. I still use the video part of other one

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back