Baby massage

Wolcsp2016

Reaction score
Hi there to the new and not quite so new parents, firstly, hope its going well, you are all doing a great job! My name is Sarah and I am a Mum of four aged 16, 14, 11 and 8. I just want to get a response from you about an idea I have. My background is in Neonatal nursing, (14 years with those little premature babies that never cease to amaze me!), but I am looking for a change. I plan to undertake a baby massage course as I want to continue to work closely with babies and families and promote their wellbeing and to share the benefits massage can give, eg potential alleviation of colic and constipation, improved circulation, aiding more prolonged periods of restful sleep, an enhanced bonding experience to name a few, and to offer this service to babies from almost newborn to just before they are crawling within one or several of the fab family friendly hotels/health clubs that are local to me. This could be an extension of a spa package for Mums/Dads/Grandparents etc who are on holiday or live nearby using the service. The massage would be baby led picking up on cues e.g. if baby is tired, cross, hungry etc. In this situation there would be option to practice techniques on a simulation doll so the carer still takes away a learning experience from the session and can then duplicate later in the day or at home. I wonder if this is something anyone would consider booking if away on holiday or as a treat at their local hotel/spa and if anyone has ideas or specific requirements relating to this proposal. Thanks in advance for your help :)

Hi, nice idea. Personally I don't think I would. Baby massage class is free I Where I live. also I would have to deal with my tired/hungry /cross baby so wouldn't be free to use a simulation doll unless I was there with a partner.

If I was on holiday or a weekend away or whatever I'd be more interested in swim classes for baby or sensory or soft play etc but this may apply more to older babies.

Hope this helps!

Hi iv already done a course but it is not free where I live. Get in contact with your local children's centres see if they need anyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back