Baby looking chubby??

Constantstar

Reaction score
Hi guys I'm a bit worried that Owens looking chubby!! He is weaning and on milk and I've tried to balance every thing out. Is it usual for babies to be chubby before they start to crawl. I know that the exercise helps keep them in shape but he can't crawl yet. At the moment he sleeps 6.30 - 6.30-am. Has 8 oz when he wake up. Jar of breakfast food at 9.15, 5 oz milk at 10.15, a small yoghurt at 12.30, juice at 1.30, pot for dinner at 4.00 and bath and 8oz milk at 6.30. I've tried to go health visitor to check but they gave me wrong details and il be back to work when the hv r back. I dunno if this is a good meal plan ? In thinking of removing the 10am milk too? I just am not sure if he eating too much or its a normal phase??Any advice would be much appreciated xxx. Here he is...
56b47908-094d-ebaf.jpg

Our Owen is also a chubby one! We did blw so not sure about food wise but think sounds fine. I would say don't cut the milk as that's they're main source of nutrients,

I do worry about our Owen being a big boy but he eats well and runs all day long,now 15 months, hes always been sturdy iykwim. I would try not to worry, easy to say though!! And lovely pic too!

He looks totally normal sized to me. Maybe if you're worried stop the jars and just give him plain fruit or stuff you make yourself? At least you k ow exactly what is going into it then. We're doing blw...

I wouldnt worry hun seriously as i thought my LO was chubby he was a little chunky monkey until he started walking an then running round the room then they shape out either get talk and skinny like my my boy is now and hes 1 and a half now x

It's so hard to know !! I don't mind using the jars it's just balancing it correctly it's milk ! :) x

I think it sounds fine Hun. He'll probably lose it all when he's more mobile. And don't worry about the jars :)

Awww he looks fine to me, really cute and not chubby!! Alfie got a bit rounder on cheeks until crawling then lost it all, he fine now walking!! :eek:) xxx

The good
Thing about babies is that they eat when they're hungry - not when they are emotional like us! So I'm guessing if he's eating, he'll stop when he doesn't want anymore???

He doesn't look chubby, he looks yummy, it will all balance out later on- try not to worry, he is having the same feeds as we did at the same age, and only dropped to 3 full meals and milk from 7mths

Sebastian was a chubby baby but it's all dropped since he started walking and running and really moving x I wouldn't worry honey x

he doesn't look chubby, but even if he was why does that matter? Babies are meant to be chubby, baby fat helps brain development. I am sure he will be perfectly fit as he grows x

no he doesn't look chubby at all.. You lucky your kid drinks milk in between but mine not that much..how much he weight luv?

Hello hun just wanted to put your mind at rest as your little one is totally perfect and normal, babies are supposed to get a bit chubby (even though he doesn't look chubby to me) its completely normal as once he starts crawling he will be using up more of his reserved energy so please try not to worry, you have a beautiful little boy there xx

He looks perfect to me hun!

You should have seen Georgie's cheeks before she started rolling lol Everyone commented on her being chunky and made me paranoid!

Every baby is different and will have different tastes/needs etc don't try and get him to conform xx

I think cause people keep saying ' he's a big boy' it's made me paranoid!! I took him to get weighed recently but they got date wrong and no hv were there! Gr! So I don't know his weight ATM ! :(

Try to relax hun I had all this with my boy, people love to feed other peoples fears, just try to relax and enjoy every moment with your boy xx

gosh I wish I had a picture of my nephew on my computer to show you. We called him bruiser when he was a baby. He had THE chubbiest face I have ever seen! He is now a fit and healthy 8 year old boy, tall and skinny! The size they are as babies doesnt mean he is going to be a fat child! Ignore em, people are full of crap! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back