Baby Kallie - February 11th, 2012

Mrs. KM

Reaction score
I finally have a couple of minutes to spare so thought I write Kallie's birth story! *I had an ultrasound and doc appointment on Feb 10th because she was overdue. *We had the ultrasound and then when they called me in for my doc appointment, my water broke! *The doctor told us to go right to the hospital.*When we got to the hospital I was 1.5cm and they discovered there was miconium in the amniotic fluid. *I couldn't feel the contractions I was having and because of the meconium, they started me on oxytocin to get things moving. *It didn't take me long to decide to get an epidural! *I was ten cm by 11pm, but then they discovered that she was face up. We tried different positions to get her to move and the docs even tried to manually turn her but she was stubborn! *I pushed for 2 hours and then it was decided she wasn't coming out without some extra help. They decided to try the vaccuum first and if that didn't work, they would do an emergency c section. Fortunately the vaccuum worked! She was born at 3:42am on Feb. 11th and weighed 6lbs 8oz and was 21 inches long. *She is a great baby! *Unless she is hungry, she is quite content! :)

Awww I've been waiting for this! Massive massive congrats - cant wait for photos! Xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back