Baby has been quiet in the day!

gemmap27

Reaction score
This little one had me worried all weekend becuase I hardly felt any kicks! Until last night that is! I had trouble getting to sleep last night and about 11.00 baby held a disco in my belly! It was the most active it has been and was making me laugh so much that I woke my OH up!

When I am at work it kicks all day! but the weekend comes and baby turns into a party animal at night!

I sometimes wake up to hear Debbie giggling to herself at 4:00am.

"Flump Awake?"
"Yeah. Hehe".

:dance:

Aww, I wouldn't worry too much at this stage if baby has quiet periods. It's probably just been focusing on growing so sleeping more.

I can't wait till baby starts kicking (proper kicks so i know im not imagining it!) - hopefully babs will be like its dad and very active - all excited just thinking about it now x x x

tots hope said:
I can't wait till baby starts kicking (proper kicks so i know im not imagining it!) - hopefully babs will be like its dad and very active - all excited just thinking about it now x x x

I'm 19 weeks and although I have the very odd kick, I get more sensations like when baby turns over. I just wish s/he would start kicking me to bits (you can remind me of this when I'm complaining in three months time LOL

I also find my baby is quieter during the day and more active at night. Usually at about 8pm he starts to move and then by 930 he is in full flow until about 11pm. He does occasionally wake me up in the morning too.

ive had a few scarey quiet days too , i swear im more worried now then when i was in first tri :wall:

they say if u are really active during the day the motion puts baby to sleep but also you are less likely to feel movements cos your mind is on what ur doing.

Im like Debbie - LO wakes me at 4am :lol:

MattM said:
I sometimes wake up to hear Debbie giggling to herself at 4:00am.

"Flump Awake?"
"Yeah. Hehe".

:dance:

That made me Laugh Out Loud! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

awww this little man is the same, I get the odd kick during the day then he goes mad at night

My wee soilder is the same. He is quiet during the day and is up partying all night.

To be honest I used to find it fun and spend most of the night watching my belly move, but now I ask him for a little peace so mummy can get some sleep. He doesn't listen. xxx

If you are ever worried about baby's movement get it checked out. I'm not here to offend or upset anyone but I lived to regret not doing just that. (see ticker) Babies do have quiet times and yes, there probably isn't anything to worry about but better to be safe than sorry. :hug:

I've had quiet days too, I use the doppler and the strong heart beat reassures me.

I remember my midwife saying something about counting movements and when to ask if things seemed quiet but I think (pretty sure) it was for later on in pregnancy. Does anyone remember or know when that starts?

Most people start to feel kicks from 17 weeks, some earler, some later though.

It makes me laugh when I get a gymnastic display from my little one- she's usually a gently kicker but every now and again she goes absolutely nuts and is flailing ( I presume) her arms, legs, head, bum, whatever in every direction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back