Baby has a cold

Blueclass

Reaction score
Wondered if you mummys out there can help... my LO 18 weeks has a awful cold. She wont sleep hardly feeding as she gets so fussy on the breast but i know she is hungry. Her nose is running nonstop and looks so sore. Do you use anything to stoo it trying and getting worse? I looked at vaseline but it says if used for a long time you can get lung problems. I dont want to put anything on which will sting. Alsoshe has bad baopy rash which she never has could this be linked?

I know I always bring this up but have a look at the nipple cream the hp lanolin one I'm sure it's for cracked skin too?! And I'm guessing if it's safe for them to feed from it, a little on the nose would be fine?

If you have any doubts just phone a pharmacy or get a docs appt. And maybe check babies temperature too?

Last edited:
Im going to Google it and see what it says. Il do her temperature aswell iv been doing it on and of. Poor little thing is not her happy self. I think im getting one as well as freling congested and throat starting to hurt abit x

Nose drops for decongesting and ask pharmacy for the sore skin. Calendula from weleda for the bum x

You can get snuffle balm which is like baby Vicks and put a bit on her chest or on a tissue near her cot.

Thanks ladies i will look that up. Hinbu wrnt out got me some salt water nasal thing. Il see wjere.o can get those bits from and hopefully she will feed better and both of us will sleep
Its so hars looking aftef a baby when you're feeling crap.

Nipple cream is great for the dry skin I also find good on teething type rashes.
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back