Baby grow bags?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by alsha, Sep 17, 2005.

1. alsha

alsha Well-Known Member

I was just wondering if any of you use baby grow bags rather than sheets and if you think they are a good idea? :?

2. Jadie

Jadie Well-Known Member

I was asking my oh today what they were actully used for!

Now I think I know, but still cant answer your question!

sorry!

3. ToriElla

ToriElla Well-Known Member

I thought they looked stupid but a friend of mine said that they are really good because they keep the baby warm all night and are designed to help prevent cot deaths. She said that when they have a blanket on them they wriggle more if they get cold and it can cover their face etc.

4. littlebump

littlebump Well-Known Member

Hi all

I was wondering the same thing - are they OK / safe for newborns? They look so practical and easy - especially if you are travelling anywhere for an overnight stay!

LBxx

5. mummy2be_15

mummy2be_15 Well-Known Member

nicole is doing fine with only a cot blanket in her moses basket
    so i might get one but she dosent need it right now
    luv mummy
    xoxox

6. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

I have heard a lot of good stuff about grow-bags and will definitely be buying some.

A man I work with used one on his child and thoroughly recommends them.

They keep baby at the right temperature and they can't suffocate themselves.

I hope to buy one at the weekend after the scan.

go to www.grobag.com for info

7. -Cat-

-Cat- Well-Known Member

Think is, it quite an expensive option, if you think your going toneed at least a couple, in case one gets soiled. And as the baby grows you need to buy larger ones like you do clothes, where as blankets you only need the one lot for your cot.

Also I have read that they arn't very recomended for use with very young babies as its harder to control their tempreture as they are like a duvet, if your baby gets hot in the night or the temp drops its a lot harder to work around and small babies cant regulate their body temperatures very well. Its a lot easier to add or subtract a blanket in my opinion.

8. Sarah W Baby Belly

Sarah W Baby Belly Well-Known Member

Good point.

I might leave it for a while then.

I intend to have a small cot by my bed and will perhaps use blankets for the first few weeks then.

Thanks

9. AmberNicole

AmberNicole Well-Known Member

Whenever I cover Ava with a blanket, I tuck it under her arms and into the sides of her crib so she won't kick it up and over her face. I intend on buying her some wearable blankets/sleepsacks soon because she's starting to move quite a bit and more forceful. I think they're a great idea and they're recommended by the First Candle/SIDS Alliance in place of loose blankets. Overheating is a risk no matter what you cover them with, but I only cover Ava if I feel it's too cool in the house for her.

10. mummy2be_15

mummy2be_15 Well-Known Member

i just cover her with a blanket
    if you use a moses basket i was wondering when you moved your baby from the moses to the cot, or wether they are still in the moses
    luv mummy

11. alsha

alsha Well-Known Member

well thankyou all for your imput, got lots of sheets and blankets now but will be using a grow bag when its bigger. T :lol: hanks again