Baby food

Status
Not open for further replies.

MissKW

Reaction score
My son is almost 4 months old and I am starting to think ahead about weaning.
I plan on making a lot of his food myself, however I was wondering if there are any decent, healthy brands of baby food out there?
I haven't looked into it a great deal yet but I have read plenty of bad things about shop bought food.

I did baby led weaning and didn't feed my DD baby food of any sort. I think the first thing she ate was a piece of red pepper and she just went from there! I just set aside bits of what I was having for tea and gave it to her as well. She had everything from pasta to cottage pie to roast dinners!

I did baby led weanjng with all of mine and I’ll never do it any other way! My first had banana as her first food, my second and third started with avocado, and then just ate whatever we ate. This way they learn to chew before they learn to swallow (decreasing choking risk), whereas with purées they learn to swallow before they learn to chew, which increases risk of choking overall.

It’s also SO much easier as you’re never making separate food for baby. Also I don’t know if it’s related but my kids will now eat anything and aren’t afraid to try any new foods. They eat spicy foods, sardines and seaweed, all kinds of vegetables, even liver... they eat everything. It’s wonderful.

Have fun!

We also did baby led weaning. The only baby specific food we buy is the crisps as they are less salt than adult ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back