Baby Ettaley - my rainbow baby.......

Iwant3

Reaction score
For anyone who doesn't know me....I am 35, been married to my hubby for almost 11 years and have an 8 year old son, a 4 year old daughter and have just given birth to our 2nd daughter Ettaley. We were ttc for 16 months before we conceived Ettaley, and had 3 losses during that time. So we waited 22 months for this lil baby.

Ettaley was born on 28th March 2014 at 12.33pm weighing 7lb 9 oz...very quick labour and just about a hospital delivery (delivered 40 mins after arriving at the hospital).

Everything has been good so far, Ettaley is sleeping well and eating well....she was weighed at our midwife discharge appointment today and is now 7lb 14oz. She went down to 7lb 2oz three days after birth, back up to 7lb 5oz last Friday - so has put on 9oz in the last week!:shock:

P1030372.jpg

Congratulations! She's lovely. Sounds like you're both doing really well. xxx

We had our son's belated birthday party yesterday, delayed due to not knowing when his sister was going to be born! (turned out there is now 2 days between their birthdays, lol). Ettaley got passed about quite a bit with everyone longing to hold her. Thought I was gonna freak out, but I was ok. But during the evening after everyone left, she was quite unsettled and brought up what looked like an entire feed all over herself, blanket and bouncy chair :( and then wanted to lay cuddled real close for the rest of the evening until we went to bed. So I guess she got a little unsettled......

Wow Ettaley is 3 weeks old already! in 7 days she will be a month! crazy.....don't think the last 3 weeks of pregnancy went this fast, lol. She's doing really well though, she gets weighed and measured by hv on Thursday - she has grown loads and I already have a big carrier bag of clothes that don't fit her already. she's still doing roughly the same sleep pattern each night 8.30/9pm to 1.30-2pm to 5.30/6pm! then the mornings I don't have to get up for work she will go back down until 8am!

latest weigh in - at 3weeks 6 days she's now 9lb 6oz! so has put on 2lb since birth! :) and she's smiling already! big proper grins with smiley eyes - and in response to us smiling at her and tickling her! lol......she even smiled at the HV when she was talking to her, and she was very impressed! :)

Last edited:
Haven't been on here for a while I remember you from ttc She's gorgeous! Congratulations x

Last edited:
Aw hun she's a little cutie!!
Glad she's doing so well!!!

Lianne x

Aww, smiles already that's just amazing. The first of many milestones

Michelle X

Aww time goes so quickly doesn't it gotta treasure very moment live the smiling stage , she is congrats on lovely ain't she xx

Loving the baby smiles! her big bro gets most of them :) managed to catch one one kind of on camera - she loves to stop smiling when the camera comes out! lol.

P1030430.JPG

Hehe that's very cute!! She's so cute!! X

Haven't updated in a while! too busy......Ettaley is doing well, she gets weighed on Thursday but guessing she's well over 10lb now! she's right down the ends of her 0-3 sleepsuits now. She's smiling so much now, we're waiting for a laugh now! lol.

Here she is in her new chair! which I think is great btw!

Y7XbvOufP3n-wLpctzjQicdCqYR3SlS3fuWSEgM0K1U=w892-h669-no

Ettaley just got weighed at 7 weeks and is 10lb14oz! crikey -no wonder my arms ache! lol. my nickname of 'piggy' is quite fitting, lol. She has a huge double chin now and really chubby creasey thighs! lol......

I totally forgot about my journal! lol.......

Ettaley is doing great - haven't had her weighed since hv stopped coming to our house! I really must try to get her to clinic, still I know she's gaining weight ok, and growing out of all her clothes like crazy! already have 3 huge bags of clothes that don't fit her! She's 14 weeks old, and 3-6 month clothes are getting tight on her! She smiles and laughs all the time, and is just so darn scrummy! She sleeps 95% of time 8-9pm to 5.30-6am! :)

Aw glad she's doing so well Angela!!! x

see how long it is now since I posted here! lol

Ettaley is 7 months tomorrow! WOW!
She is rolling everywhere, up on all fours ready to crawl sitting, very loud, waves hello and bye, claps and holds her arms up to be picked up! so luvvin her!

only downside to her getting bigger is her sleeping is going out the window was up 12, 3.30, 4.30 and 5.40 last night! oops

It lovely to hear from you. Sounds like Ettaley is doing great and keeping you on your toes. 7 months already. It's crazy how fast they grow up

Michelle x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back