Baby essentials

Geekachublog

Reaction score
I've been through a few bags of stuff that we had given to us by my husbands brother and partner (they had twins last Sept a boy and a girl), they have given us all of their neutral clothing, but my problem now is that I don't know how many of each thing I need :)

We have a lot of newborn/3-6 month stuff, a few hats/scratch mits etc
How many of each thing would we need for a new baby?

Tia :)

I'm in a similar situation lol, but with loads of cute little dresses to as we know we are team pink!

According to the NHS site we will need all this:

six stretch suits (all-in-ones) for both day and night, or four stretch suits and two nightdresses (nighties) for the night – use socks or bootees with the nightie if it’s cold
two cardigans, wool or cotton rather than nylon, and light rather than heavy – several light layers of clothing are best for keeping your baby warm
four vests
a shawl or blanket to wrap your baby in
a wool or cotton hat, mittens, and socks or bootees for going out if the weather is cold – it’s better to choose close-knitted patterns rather than those with a loose knit, so that your baby's fingers and toes won't get caught
a sun hat for going out if it's hot or the sun is bright

I have more than enough! And let's face it, if you ever need anything the shops aren't too far away to nip to :-
)

Bloody hell if I followed NHS lines I'd forever have the washing machine on!! Lol. My logic is at least two grows a day with a possible outfit, I'm thinking leaking baby poo and sick. Haha. Nice I know. Personally I'd rather have too much than not enough but remember, people are likely to buy you lots as gifts once bubs is here. If its a huge bag, pick out some favourite pieces and some spares but better to keep too many than kick yourself later down the line. Xx

In that case, I think I have MORE than enough to get us going :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back