baby Ella Nicola has arrived!

Lauz_1601

Reaction score
Hi everyone, not sure if anyone remembers me from a while back, only recently got back online after moving house. First of all congratulations to all the new babies recetly born.
I had Ella on the 6th january. she was almost 2 weeks late and I had to be induced. I went into hospital on thursday the 5th and had her at 7.45 am on friday the 6th and she weighed a healthy 8lb 4 oz, which surprised everyone, everyone was guessing about 6lb something.
Anyway the labour wasnt so bad, went up to the labour ward at 2.45 so was in proper labour for 5 hours, although id been having contractions earlier and was using a TENS machine which I found helped. At first my contractions weren't coming strong enough or often enough so the midwife broke my waters, thats when I needed the gas and air! It was great apart from it made my throat really dry so I kept asking my partner and my mum (who were both there and were great!) for glasses of water. After breaking my waters I was 5 cm dilated and it seemed to go really fast from there, i kept saying I needed to push, but my bladder was full and babys head couldn't come down, so I tried to go on the bed pan, whilst strapped up to monitors and inbetween contractions, i was determined not to be catheterised, but had to be twice in the end.
It came to pushing, which was really hard work, then my heart rate and baby's went racing and I was really hot so they had to get baby out quickly and ended up having a vontouse delivery and an episiotomy (which I barely felt by this point) After almost an hour of pushing Ella Nicole was born at 7.45 am, and she was worth it. Had skin to skin and tried to breast feed her, but she wouldnt at first becuase she was so mucousy.
Sorry i was so late posting this, Ella is now 12 days old and doing great, keeping mummy busy thats for sure, will post pics soon, lost the cable to my camera! x

:D :D CONGRATULATIONS :D :D

Hope you and little one are doing well!

Steph x

Massive congratulations to you!

Of course we remember you!

So pleased you had a birth that wasn't too bad.

Big well done to you! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

congratulations on the arrival of your little girl
cant wait to see piccies
lots of love sarah and braydon

Congratulations!!!

Find that cable. We want pictures!!!!

Congratulations, look forward to seeing the pictures of baby Ella.

Well done xx

CONGRATS!!!

All the best to you and your new arrival ... glad everything went ok for you.

Congrats again ... can't wait 4 pics ...

Take care,

Imogen
xxx

Congratulations and welcome back again!!
Emilia xx

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Yep I remember you, glad everything went well.

Looking forward to the piccies!

Lucy
37 + 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back