Baby cries all day every day

Reaction score
I am a mum of four (16,9,9, 12 weeks) all boys
The baby is a complete nightmare! Wont let me put he down for more than 15 seconds (yes ive counted) as just cries and moans all day. He is exclusively breastfed with no feeding problems, is on the 75 centile before anyone suggests hes not getting enough milk, hes a good size. The school run is the most hideous experience ever, he screams the entire journey in the car seat then smiles at me when I pick him up out of the car seat! Its almost like hes playing games with me. He is very windy and sometimes I think he has bellyache. He does find it hard to go to sleep unless hes on my boob or being walked around, cant sit down as he kicks off. Anyone on here got such a demanding baby?

Yes lol! Exclusively breastfed and windy - defo gets enough same as your little boy and she also hates the car seat. She settled loads after 12 weeks and now at nearly 6 months she's a dream. Other than the car seat of course. What helped us was baby wearing, she's always content on me and I can get on and cook, clean and look after my son x

Hi have you been to see the hv? My baby only sleeps on the boob and hates sitting down. Get a sling that may help. My baby hated the car seat untill i took the incliner out and now she is better. She also has terrible wind and i still struggle with that. Last few nights she wont sleep in her cot. I lay her down she wakes up i put her in my bed and ahe stops!

LOL mrsT Im glad im not the only one im sure none of my others were like this...Im just hoping things will get better

wow. that is a headache.
this hold worked for my baby when she was small.

now that she can almost walk, sometimes, music helps- those relaxing ones, nature sounds. nursery rhymes works too if she is familiar with it and does some actions.

Like the other ladies said I would suggest a sling, I only have 2 boys and the sling has been amazing for ds2, he's nearly 12months and I wear him all the time. xx

Have you had your LO checked for reflux?

Have you had your LO checked for reflux?

It sounds like colic not reflux. Not being able to put your baby down is not an indication of reflux but colic. It's actually utterly rare that breastfed babies have reflux. Like I've said a million of times this can be checked via having the ph of the breath checked.

Whereas if you go to the doctor saying oh I think it's reflux because someone on forum said so all they'll do is prescribe you gaviscon. I can hear my doctor say you know I think it's colic but here's your gaviscon.

I had a breastfed baby and he had reflux. Diagnosed by a reflux paediatrician. I couldn't put him down, ever, he was a nightmare. Always wanted to be on or near me. So yes, it does happen and yes, you can take the child along to your gp and get their breath pH tested. It's not hard.

And it's actually the other way around, it's unusual for bf babies to get colic. It's very normal for bf babies to get reflux because it's due to the sphincter flap at the top of the stomach and is unrelated to the method by which they're fed.

My HV said colic is due to an underdeveloped digestive system. My bf baby had it til 13 weeks old, poor mite, and screamed a lot Throughout this time. He also hated car journeys. Maybe try some baby massage exercises on the tummy? Xx

Last edited:
I had a breastfed baby and he had reflux. Diagnosed by a reflux paediatrician. I couldn't put him down, ever, he was a nightmare. Always wanted to be on or near me. So yes, it does happen and yes, you can take the child along to your gp and get their breath pH tested. It's not hard.

Similar here. We never got it officially diagnosed but it was obvious because you could smell the acid on her breath. It turned out to be CMPI. When I cut out dairy from my diet it went away and she was much happier. Before that she wanted to be kept upright.

I didn't even know a reflux paediatrician exists. I heard about ph breath testing way too late after I lost all my faith in my gp's and hv's in my area. And I had a few doctors not just one that shaped me like this.
That's why it makes me cross that it's not elaborated when suggested it could be reflux because at the time I struggled with my son, he couldn't be put down, cried when you did. On the forum you read the suggestion it could be reflux so there I was off to the docs and the docs goes ah well I think it's colic but here's your gaviscon. Let's try medicine and let me keep you in the dark about how we check those things because quite frankly they don't. I had to push when I finally seen the paed to get them to check for lactose intolerance and when that came back clear I was the one to keep on guessing and by then he grew out of whatever made him throw up so they couldn't check whether it actually was reflux, cmpa, tongue tie or whatever causes throw up, unsettled child and severe speech delay!
Even by the time I figured out that's how they check I was too late. And especially when my son was young every single baby seemed to have reflux because of that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back