Baby crib bedding, any advices?

Meiny

Reaction score
Hey ladies :kiss:,

Im currently expecting, on my 6th month of pregnancy and already looking forward to find best baby crib bedding.

Don't know exactly why, but local shops or sellers doesn't fit to my needs (or at least my little dream which I have in my mind).
As I'm expecting a girl Im looking forward to something more likely in pastel colours, not too dark, but also not boring..

Very important for sure is material, Im thinking about cotton satin.

Anyhow, for now I found one option in etsy shop, they claim they deliver worldwide, and I like their thing about those cute ruffles - shop in etsy called Hayleyshouse (cant give you link as Im a new user :blush:) But I would really appreciate if you could check and give me your opinions...also Im open for any other advises

Also the pricing seems very inexpensive for what they offer.
What do you think girls? Any other advises or ideas? :blush:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 15.07.05.jpg
    Screen Shot 2016-08-23 at 15.07.05.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 35
really not my thing but if you like it go for it

But maybe you have some advice on other crib bedding, well I get that everyone have their own taste but I would like to hear you out on what you would choose.
Thank you. :wave:

Hi :wave: welcome to the forum :)

My DD is currently in a moses basket so for that we bought elasticated cotton sheets and a sleeping bag.
For her cot we bought waterproof mattress protector and elasticated cotton sheets. We didnt buy any cot bumpers etc. We purchased all from IKEA as they were colourful but not too bright.

Not sure if the above is helpful?

Last edited:
No need for cromib bedding other than fitted sheets and blankets... Would steer clear of bumpers and soft toys etc, safest to keep it simple. Plenty of other ways to make the room pretty :)

I wouldn't buy them, I doubt they've been adequately safety tested.

There's a campaign against using any bumpers etc. in cots because they can reduce airflow and babies can get tangled up in them and die. Just not worth it in my opinion unfortunately, however pretty they may make the cot look!

Check out the Lullaby Trust guidance: http://www.lullabytrust.org.uk/clear-cot

And the Justice for Preston campaign: https://www.facebook.com/Justice-for-Preston-229987167157257/about/?entry_point=page_nav_about_item&tab=page_info

Are the wrap around netting ones alright? dont know what they are called?

The netting ones are safe as long as they don't have string. I have never used bumpers as personally I don't see the point but I've been lucky that I haven't had many stuck limb incidences.

OP, I wouldn't touch those ones with a barge pole. Minimal is best when it comes to cots, as Karen said fitted sheets and a blanket is your safest option :)

We've only ever used fitted sheets and a sleeping bag. He's 15 months now so started giving him a blanket instead of his sleeping bag. I was always paranoid about anything else being in his crib/cot with him.

I was bought a gorgeous bedding set, but only had it on before he went into his own room. Made the room look nice while it wasn't being used though haha xx

We bought our a crib sheets from Little Green Sheep. 100% cotton. We also got our crib mattress and cot bed mattress from there too!!

Hey ladies :kiss:,

Im currently expecting, on my 6th month of pregnancy and already looking forward to find best baby crib bedding.

Don't know exactly why, but local shops or sellers doesn't fit to my needs (or at least my little dream which I have in my mind).
As I'm expecting a girl Im looking forward to something more likely in pastel colours, not too dark, but also not boring..

Very important for sure is material, Im thinking about cotton satin.

Anyhow, for now I found one option in etsy shop, they claim they deliver worldwide, and I like their thing about those cute ruffles - shop in etsy called Hayleyshouse (cant give you link as Im a new user :blush:) But I would really appreciate if you could check and give me your opinions...also Im open for any other advises

Also the pricing seems very inexpensive for what they offer.
What do you think girls? Any other advises or ideas? :blush:
I love the pic you attached, never seen anything similar before. The color is stunning and will suit girl's bedroom perfectly. Etsy sellers usually provide with amazing hand made products, just check the reviews properly. As for the baby mattress, it's quality is even more important than quality of a bed. Please consider next factors: size, breathabilility, waterproof, stain-proof/resistance, inside materials, harsh chemicals, firmness level, weight, certification seals, flame ******ant. Here is a very detailed article about types of crib mattresses https://sleepissimple.com/best-crib-mattress/ , their peculiarities, pros and cons. I personally purchased Moonlight Slumber Little Dreamer as it is a lightweight foam mattress, rather affordable and hypoallergenic. But you should choose one according to your baby's orthopedic peculiarities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back