Baby cold?

Lil miss lee

Reaction score
My Lil man is 5 days old and already he is full of the cold, constant sneezing snuffily & full of snot? I feel so help less what is there I can do for him?

Oh bless you/him!! I used to use a plug in vapouriser (I think calpol and vicks have their own versions) which are excellent, but i'd double check with the pharmacist on whether he's too young.. You can buy those pipette type things to suck snot out of their nose but I never used one.. Generally humidity will help his airways so maybe run a very hot bath and just sit with him in the bathroom with the door shut for a while so he can breathe in the steam :) Hope he's feeling better soon! xx

Best to check with docs at such a young age, I know some products are suitable from birth but at that age you're better off getting anything checked before using. I swear by nasal spray but I didn't start using that until about 1,5-2 years of age and I've heard that it can irritate the nostrils in really young babies, maybe drops are more suitable but I'm not sure if the same applies because it's basically salty water. I did use the sucker thing from about 3-4 months of age when we had our first cold but as they're much more vulnerable in the first two months I'd deffo check with a doc, health visitor, midwife or pharmacist. As I can imagine you might want to refrain from going into docs office too often too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back