Baby Clubs and Voucher schemes!

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by JoanneG79, Jul 23, 2013.

1. JoanneG79

JoanneG79 Well-Known Member

I can't remember who, when or where... but I heard about joining baby clubs from boots, asda etc yesterday so last night I went home and told my OH about it. I have created a monster. He has now registered me with Asda, Boots, Hipp, Tesco, Sainsbury's, Emma's Diary (or something like that) and another couple that I haven't even heard of! My emails are going nuts!!

He has managed to get a load of vouchers for Argos so has now pretty much decorated and furnished our spare room ready for baby! He spent a good 3 hours on the internet last night reading reviews on car seats, cots, prams, pushchairs, strollers, bottle systems, travel systems, moses baskets and all sorts!

I am scared to go home tonight - god only knows what he will think up next!!:oooo:

2. Mummybexee

Mummybexee Well-Known Member

oh dear! haha

I'd be screwing! I would want us to do it together !!

3. JoanneG79

I don't think there are any left that he hasn't registered us for! He just kept saying all these names at me, asking me if I had heard of them!!

4. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

Jeysus lol were not doi f anything like that yet. That stuff is months and months and months away for us

5. JoanneG79

that's what I thought too! It's funny to watch though, he is getting himself in a right panic about not having the spare room decorated. Think he is going to take a week off in August to get it ready! I have told him that the baby will be in our room for a while anyway so getting a room ready for it is not an issue!

Although last week he was talking about selling the house and buying a bigger one so we have a spare room for family to come and visit! I will just let him get on with it, if he is stressing then at least it stops me getting worked up about it!

6. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

It's not even nearly cooked yet. He had plenty time. We'll be redecorating January time I'll be 7 months. But not putting any furniture up until bang arrives as I don't want to tempt fate

7. JoanneG79

I don't mind the decorating bit - we only moved into the house last year and it was an older couple that had it before us. Dado rails, two-tone wallpaper and plug sockets everywhere!! So he can decorate if he likes, I want the walls to be all neutral tones anyway!

We won't be doing anything furniture related until after I pop! Like you say, I don't want to tempt fate.

He was looking at the spec of all these travel systems last night to make sure we get the safest option available to mankind, kind of sweet really!!

8. Jojo84

Jojo84 Well-Known Member

We'll buy but not have it in the house . I'm trying to go vince my hub that everything does not gdvdvto be 2nd hand!

9. flowers2014

flowers2014 Active Member

That sounds like an organised OH! :) I am not really signing up to anything until the scan.

But I think it would be a good idea to make a topic with all the places to sign up to that we can all add to?

10. Sophie_P

Sophie_P Well-Known Member

Don't forget Aptamil and Cow and Baby for your free cuddly toys x

11. JoanneG79

Oh my word, there are more?! I woke up to about 30 emails this morning from them all! Some of them had sent me 4 overnight!