baby Clothes

Positive37

Reaction score
So have finally got around to washing them all and had no idea what we had in what size:
here goes:

NEWBORN 7lbs -
5 short sleeve vests
1 sleepsuit - do i need more?? how common to have a baby less than 7lbs?
1 cardigan
Hats
Scratch Mitts
Socks

NEWBORN 10LBS -
1 short sleeve vest ( defo need more of these eh?)
3 Sleep suits long sleeve
3 Romper Suits ( summer outfits)

0-3 Months
6 short sleeve vests
5 Long sleeve sleepsuits

do i need to buy anymore for now or wait??

No idea but I need to sort mine out. Got the chest of drawers now so somewhere to put it all! It's all washed ready to be sorted. I will do it after I've finished my assignment next week xx

Well I've probably gone a bit overboard on the baby clothes but I like to have plenty because you can get through a few outfits in a day what with all the sick and poop!

I haven't actually counted but at a guess I'd say we've got:

Newborn (varying weights)
15 vests
8 sleep suits

0-3
20 vests
15 sleep suits

I've also got about 3 or 4 outfits in newborn size and quite a few little dresses and bits in 0-3 size.

Like I say I prefer to have extra so I don't have to worry about getting things washed and dry and I already had quite a lot of the essentials from DS. But if I were you I'd maybe get a few more vests and sleep suits in up to 10lbs and 0-3. It's not uncommon to get through several vests in a day due to leaky nappies etc! As for up to 7lb, DS was 8lb 9 when he was born but he still fitted into that stuff for a while, a lot of 0-3 was too big for him. I think unless you have a real whopper then newborn stuff does tend to fit for few weeks but its up to you - you could always wait and see how big she is and then send someone out for bits if you need extra, plus you're likely to get quite a few clothes as gifts.
Xxx

I only have a few things in newborn and almost everything else is just 0-3 months mainly because I just go off looks. They seem to look different in every shop, some of my 0-3 looks smaller than the newborn stuff! In fact I have a packet of tiny baby sleepsuits from matalan that look MASSIVE! I bought a going home outfit today which is 0-3 but looks tiny! Xx

Who knows what your baby will weigh, but my daughter was 6lb9oz and was in 7lb newborn clothes for at least 4 weeks. They drowned her when she was born. The up to 10/11lb ones were huge. maybe just get a Sainsbury basics pack of of newborn so you have More than one. Then you can always get more once you know.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I would say if you need more of anything its the vest newborn -10lbs if this weather holds up which I think it is meant to moo wont be wearing much more than that! I would go for the bigger size so she can grow into them rather than them only fitting for a few weeks :) xxx

thanks girls - until i washed them yesterday i had no idea what i had.
defo will buy some cheap white 7lb newborn and more 10lb short vests and sleepsuits
as yet we havent brought ANY outfits as want Moo to be comfortable initially i dont want to waste money on outfit that might not fit
plus as u say friends will buy clothes eh.
feel much better now I know what i have thank u !!!
xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back