baby Clothes

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Positive37, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

So have finally got around to washing them all and had no idea what we had in what size:
    here goes:

NEWBORN 7lbs -
    5 short sleeve vests
    1 sleepsuit - do i need more?? how common to have a baby less than 7lbs?
    1 cardigan
    Hats
    Scratch Mitts
    Socks

NEWBORN 10LBS -
    1 short sleeve vest ( defo need more of these eh?)
    3 Sleep suits long sleeve
    3 Romper Suits ( summer outfits)

0-3 Months
    6 short sleeve vests
    5 Long sleeve sleepsuits

do i need to buy anymore for now or wait??

2. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

No idea but I need to sort mine out. Got the chest of drawers now so somewhere to put it all! It's all washed ready to be sorted. I will do it after I've finished my assignment next week xx

3. Ammdaz

Ammdaz Well-Known Member

Well I've probably gone a bit overboard on the baby clothes but I like to have plenty because you can get through a few outfits in a day what with all the sick and poop!

I haven't actually counted but at a guess I'd say we've got:

Newborn (varying weights)
    15 vests
    8 sleep suits

0-3
    20 vests
    15 sleep suits

I've also got about 3 or 4 outfits in newborn size and quite a few little dresses and bits in 0-3 size.

Like I say I prefer to have extra so I don't have to worry about getting things washed and dry and I already had quite a lot of the essentials from DS. But if I were you I'd maybe get a few more vests and sleep suits in up to 10lbs and 0-3. It's not uncommon to get through several vests in a day due to leaky nappies etc! As for up to 7lb, DS was 8lb 9 when he was born but he still fitted into that stuff for a while, a lot of 0-3 was too big for him. I think unless you have a real whopper then newborn stuff does tend to fit for few weeks but its up to you - you could always wait and see how big she is and then send someone out for bits if you need extra, plus you're likely to get quite a few clothes as gifts.
    Xxx

4. L2310

L2310 Well-Known Member

I only have a few things in newborn and almost everything else is just 0-3 months mainly because I just go off looks. They seem to look different in every shop, some of my 0-3 looks smaller than the newborn stuff! In fact I have a packet of tiny baby sleepsuits from matalan that look MASSIVE! I bought a going home outfit today which is 0-3 but looks tiny! Xx

5. giz

giz Well-Known Member

Who knows what your baby will weigh, but my daughter was 6lb9oz and was in 7lb newborn clothes for at least 4 weeks. They drowned her when she was born. The up to 10/11lb ones were huge. maybe just get a Sainsbury basics pack of of newborn so you have More than one. Then you can always get more once you know.

----------------
    baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
    next one due 12th Aug 2013

6. tilly16

tilly16 Well-Known Member

I would say if you need more of anything its the vest newborn -10lbs if this weather holds up which I think it is meant to moo wont be wearing much more than that! I would go for the bigger size so she can grow into them rather than them only fitting for a few weeks :) xxx

7. Positive37

Positive37 Well-Known Member

thanks girls - until i washed them yesterday i had no idea what i had.
    defo will buy some cheap white 7lb newborn and more 10lb short vests and sleepsuits
    as yet we havent brought ANY outfits as want Moo to be comfortable initially i dont want to waste money on outfit that might not fit
    plus as u say friends will buy clothes eh.
    feel much better now I know what i have thank u !!!
    xxxx