Baby clothes to buy or not to buy?

louise2610

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, my head is telling me it's far too soon to be thinking about it but my heart is saying go for it. Really scared to jinx my pregnancy. Should I just abandon this crazy notion?

Thanks xxx

Hey, I won't be buying anything till after my 12 week scan but it's up to you, I just feel if I do I will jinx myself but everyone is different and it is so hard not to buy! X

Just remember it's not possible to jinx it. What will be will be and a trip to the shops won't change that.
I didn't buy anything until 16 week gender scan, but only because I wanted to buy colour appropriate and I had some issues at the start of the pregnancy so didn't want to get too involved.

I agree with kitty. Although we personally won't be buying anything until after 12 week scan, that doesn't mean you shouldn't if that's what you want to do. What will be will be xx

I bought stuff even before I was pregnant (but, a few years ago now lol and all sale items) and stashed them haha.

When I got pregnant I bought baby slings right from early on but didn't start buying more clothes til after 12 weeks, and it was just one or two items at first, but I've chosen not to have scans so that wasn't a factor. I felt like I 'shouldnt' buy stuff too early just in case.
I started buying properly after about 16 weeks and now I have more than enough lol. Need to stop now as I have more than enough first size and then need to get that ready (washed) and put away and then go through other stuff I bought (in bigger sizes!) and work out what I will need (probably just vests and a few babygrows/sleepsuits haha, I seem to have accumulated quite a wardrobe already!)

We have bought a couple of items already because they were in sale even though i havent had a scan yet.

Go for it if you want to, as Kitty said you can't jinx it and what will be will be xx enjoy xx

My mum bought my pram when I was 10 weeks lol. I bought clothes and a few bits after my scan but really waited until 20 week scan X

Well whatever will be will be. That's my motto. I dont think buying anything will change that. Ive bought silly wee things even before i was pregnant cause i knew at some point id use it euther my own or a friend or something. I may have bought an elf sleepsuit at the next sale today though....lol.

I personally would wait until 12 week scan... You can't jinx it as what will happen will unfortunately happen but at least by then you know you are out of the highest risk window. I will wait this time until my gender scan as I have my daughters clothes boxed up...

Last time I found the mothercare sale great for picking up clothes and baby clothes (just remember to think seasons/ages!) I'm sure there'll be an easter one and a summer one.

I think it depends on your situation.

Last pregnancy I only worked part time and so did OH, so buying things after our early scan at 8w did really help spread the cost. But that was my first and I was quite niave to anything "bad" happening.

This time, Ive waited until my 13w scan because I actually have room furniture etc to buy atm as ours will be sharing so Ive sorted all his bits now and after the gender scan Ill start on the clothes.

xxxx

I refuse to even look let alone buy. I know you can't "jinx" things but when you've lost as many as I have, I'm trying to do everything differently to the last times. We won't talk names, even so much as go near mothercare, look at furniture, tell anyone. But everyone is different. The thought of buying then miscarrying and finding what I've bought would break me xx

Last edited:
We bought before 12 weeks with my last two but only things that were on sale/not to be missed. Our chosen buggy had dropped to half price and I couldn't not buy it for the sake of 3 weeks to then go back to paying full price. Clothes and things I did one big shop at about 35 weeks. With my boy I put it off for ages, so much so my waters broke at 35 weeks and I had to send dh shopping so we would have something to put him in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back