Baby brain...

busymummy

Reaction score
Is anyone still suffering with this?

Before I had my children I would say I was fairly intellient. But since having them I feel so stupid. My brain seemed to recover a bit after my first, but since having Logan I feel like its getting worse. I'm finding it quite frustrating. My memory is awful and I struggle to remember even the simplist things. I can't even do simple mathematics without the use of a calculator. And I ask people the most stupid questions!

Please tell me I'm not alone! X

Your so not alone hunni. Everything you wrote, i read and it seems like your talking about me. I'll get the odd day per fortnight where i'm smart for an hour then its gone again x x x

I'm only on my first but yep I'm still suffering.

I said this to somebody the other day. Before I got pregnant I was organised, both at work and at home; I kept on top of everything like finances and diary easily, and was fairly relaxed about it all.

From the minute I found out I was pregnant things started to go downhill at work - not in such a way that I didn't manage to get my work done, but I found that my concentration was pretty much shot - I think it was partly tiredness, partly anxiety, and partly just excited-ness so I all I could think about was LO.

Since I've had LO my brain has just been mush. After giving birth I was on a multitude of pills for various things and I had to write lists to remind me what to take when, and to remind me what I had actually taken, otherwise I got confused and had no idea what was going on.

Ten months on and I still don't feel capable of keeping on top of our finances or diary, and it does worry me - I'm really hoping it's just down to lack of time and sleep and not that my brain is permanently broken :eh: I'm going back to work in two months and if my brain hasn't improved by then I don't quite know what I'll do?!

I'm guessing I have baby brain I have a fab long term memory altho short term has went to pots!

I had to put a calander in the room because I forgot soooo much stuff!

Its awful.

xxxxx

Thankfully not, not during pregnancy either.
I feel for you though, it must be awful xx

My brain is complete mush these days!! I find myself putting things in the most random places or i'll walk up stairs to my room with my empty breakfast bowl?! And yes the forgetfulness is terrible!!

Hope you are so lucky! I bought a calender for the first time ever, and set reminders on my phone, yet still forget to do things! I honestly feel like I'm going crazy some days! Glad I'm not alone though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back