Baby boy name is this too old fashioned?

mummy2b1985

Reaction score
I love the name Arthur but im worried it's too old fashioned and he will get picked on as he grows up? I want it to be a name my little boy is happy with and not hate when he gets older. I already have one little boy called Harry. What do you guys think to Arthur?

Arthur is a fabulous name. Respectable and powerful. I love it.

I think most of the 'old fashioned' names are in fasion again anyway.

I think Arthur is a lovely name :) xx

I lover Arthur, id love a traditional old fashioned name for a boy but the oh doesn't like them xx

I like it it's not like you're calling him moon unit or Apple , Arthur is a strong name and I think it stands over time also so many of the older names are coming back, I'm a nurse and some of the names of kids coming in are shocking, trust me when I say Arthur is a good one.

Love it! I know a baby Arthur :)

I think Arthur is a lovely name, it isn't something i would personally choose. My little girl is called Cadence which is actually an old english name :)

One of the boys names i had on my list was Elijah which again is classed as a bit of an old world name.

I think some of the most beautiful names are the older ones.

I like it it's not like you're calling him moon unit or Apple , Arthur is a strong name and I think it stands over time also so many of the older names are coming back, I'm a nurse and some of the names of kids coming in are shocking, trust me when I say Arthur is a good one.

Moon Unit OMG I was laughing when I saw that lol!
Like those weird celebrity names like "Jermajesty" or "Pilot Inspektor"

Arthur is such a gorgeous name, a strong name.

I love the name Arthur but im worried it's too old fashioned and he will get picked on as he grows up? I want it to be a name my little boy is happy with and not hate when he gets older. I already have one little boy called Harry. What do you guys think to Arthur?

My husbands first 2 initials are RT and when I set up a social media account for him, I called him Arty (R-T) get it?

Art / Arty is a short name for Arthur as well for a more informal way.

And yes we all loved Arthur in Holby.

I really don't think your child would be picked on. Old fashioned names are very new-fashioned these days. We have a William and a George in our family - in the 1950's and in the 2010's. They are classic names, not old fashioned names.

People pick some really strange names for their children these days - look at all the celebrities. Who calls their child Apple or Bluebell Madonna for crying out loud? The only thing stopping those kids from being bullied is that their parents are loaded.

Pick a normal name :D

Arthur is a great name.

Arthur is very nice! Old fashioned names are indeed becoming more and more popular. I also like Henry for example.

I love that name. There's nothing wrong with that at all. I miss some of the older fashioned names - people use way too many easy and popular names nowadays.

It's a solid name, I think Arthur is only "old" in the recent/classic sense, not in the "Jebediah" sense.

Arthur is a nice name...it has a royal feeling to me, lol. Anw, I love this name!

Its great! But im old name obsessed. Wanted to call my son ralph but ky oh didn't at all ����. Just have a think if you mind people shortening it to art etc as it might be likely and although peopke try to stop nicknames im not sure how much yoy can really!

In short, if you like it, go for it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back