Baby Bouncers?!

chattychar1990

Reaction score
Any recommendations please ladies?! preferably one that isn’t to bright and colourful as it’s going to be in my lovely grey, white and lilac living room :rotfl: xx

Ooo I have a grey based one that has been great, it has a motor thing to bounce it automatically and white noise. Both things I found great after having just a straight forward bouncer with babies 1 and 2. I’ll go look up which one it is for you x

Ours is a previous version of this. This one is £75 in Argos but might be worth looking out for offers. I’m sure ours was around £50 and my brother bought it as a present for us. It was honestly worth the extra money!

5EDB2E19-A775-451E-BB6D-AB86DA9841D4.jpeg

I think asda do a basic bouncer in grey, im sure I saw it in the sales not too long ago. I've had both a bouncer and the swing chair and Darcie loved them both, though we used the swing chair more. All I'll say is if your going to get a bouncer, get a cheaper version they seem to bounce much better than the dearer more ridged ones. Xx

We’ve got a baby bjorn bouncer. It went with my grey decor! My daughter loved it and it’s really light to carry around or stick in the car. I think when he sibling comes she’ll want to sit in it again! We had the ingenuity (whatever it’s called) swing too but she hated that.

I always thought it was a given that babies loved bouncers! Not my boy. By the time he decided he liked it he was almost too big for it :rotfl:

We got a woodland theme one from Amazon and I'm so glad we didn't pay much for it as he really didn't use it nearly as much as I'd expected.

I guess what I'm saying is just because you love something doesn't mean baby will agree with you!! Also I would choose between a bouncer or a swing as they really aren't small enough for long enough to get the best out of both.

My baby was non-plussed by her bouncer, it only every came in useful as something I could just strap her in for 5 minutes while I went the toilet! But it wasn’t a fancy swinging one though, she might have liked that more, I’ve heard the mamaroo gets rave reviews, if I ever had another I’d probably splash out on that x

Thank you all ladies.
I think i am going to hold off on the baby bouncer until baby is actually here. I could be wasting my money buying one now. xx

I always thought it was a given that babies loved bouncers! Not my boy. By the time he decided he liked it he was almost too big for it :rotfl:

We got a woodland theme one from Amazon and I'm so glad we didn't pay much for it as he really didn't use it nearly as much as I'd expected.

I guess what I'm saying is just because you love something doesn't mean baby will agree with you!! Also I would choose between a bouncer or a swing as they really aren't small enough for long enough to get the best out of both.

I made this mistake with my first born. Splashed out on a vibrating bouncer, this was 17yrs ago so vibrating bouncers was novel. Spent £60, and he hated it!! My mum bought one of those basic bouncers just fabric and thin frame - cost her £5 preloved. Baby love it!!

Thank you all ladies.
I think i am going to hold off on the baby bouncer until baby is actually here. I could be wasting my money buying one now. xx

it’s a great item to ask for from people who want to buy something for the baby that isn’t just clothes and toys, i kept a list of the baby slings/bouncers/carriers etc that I wanted then dh gave it to people who wanted ideas for my presents for baby shower etc X

I got a super basic fisher price bouncer as somewhere to plop baby down so I could cook dinner etc. She never found it relaxing or anything but liked to just sit in it and stare at the toys. Kept her quiet for short amounts of time lol.

Like @MoominGirl, my daughter hated the swing until she was 5mo old and just about too big for it. Wouldn't rebuy one of them!

Babies like bright colours ;)

I wouldn’t wait char! Honestly all 3 of mine it’s been a life saver. It allows you to actually put them down some of the time eg great for going for a shower if you put them just outside the door so they can see you, really useful when they get fussy and want soothing in some way but also don’t want to be held (it happens!) and later on mine would fall asleep in it for short naps/I might bounce them asleep then transfer to cot

Oh I totally forgot all the showers I had with a little baby sitting in her bouncer watching me!! I wouldn't wait either. You'll only know if they like it by getting one, may as well have it from day 1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back