Baby blues

Lucie12344

Reaction score
Hey ladies

So I’m 6 days post partpartum, gave birth to my beautiful baby girl on the 19th June.. she was very much a wanted baby, 5 years of ttc and fertility treatment but for whatever reason I’m feeling really down and overwhelmed.. this feeling hit day 3, eased day 4&5 but is now back again. I have so much guilt because I am extremely lucky to have this little one in my life and I love her so very much so why am I feeling this way?!

I could literally just sit and cry for no reason, I’m super sleepy and just can’t seem to concentrate on anything... I’m just generally fed up! Has anyone else experienced this? When will it get better? I feel like I’m really letting her down..

I was the exact same and didn’t start to feel better until she was about 4-5 weeks old. It was awful, I feel like I missed the newborn stage as I just couldn’t stop crying/feeling depressed. They say the “average” time it lasts is 1-4 weeks. Just remember it’s caused by hormone crashes, it doesn’t mean you don’t love/want your baby and it definitely doesn’t mean you’ll feel like this forever. Big hugs to you, this was the worst thing about postpartum for me. You will get out of this fog soon xxx

I was the exact same and didn’t start to feel better until she was about 4-5 weeks old. It was awful, I feel like I missed the newborn stage as I just couldn’t stop crying/feeling depressed. They say the “average” time it lasts is 1-4 weeks. Just remember it’s caused by hormone crashes, it doesn’t mean you don’t love/want your baby and it definitely doesn’t mean you’ll feel like this forever. Big hugs to you, this was the worst thing about postpartum for me. You will get out of this fog soon xxx
Glad to know I’m not the only one! I just feel awful! Thanks for replying! Xxx

Just wanted to echo what WinterWolf said. I also found postpartum horrendous. Also a much wanted baby after a long and difficult journey. The exhaustion in the early days on top of the hormones have a lot to answer for! It really does get better.

Just wanted to echo what WinterWolf said. I also found postpartum horrendous. Also a much wanted baby after a long and difficult journey. The exhaustion in the early days on top of the hormones have a lot to answer for! It really does get better.
Thank you for sharing, I really needed to hear that it isn’t just me who feels this way! I’m fine all day it seems to be when evening approaches! Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back