Baby blues

Discussion in 'Postnatal Questions' started by Lucie12344, Jun 25, 2020.

1. Lucie12344

Lucie12344 Well-Known Member

Hey ladies

So I’m 6 days post partpartum, gave birth to my beautiful baby girl on the 19th June.. she was very much a wanted baby, 5 years of ttc and fertility treatment but for whatever reason I’m feeling really down and overwhelmed.. this feeling hit day 3, eased day 4&5 but is now back again. I have so much guilt because I am extremely lucky to have this little one in my life and I love her so very much so why am I feeling this way?!

I could literally just sit and cry for no reason, I’m super sleepy and just can’t seem to concentrate on anything... I’m just generally fed up! Has anyone else experienced this? When will it get better? I feel like I’m really letting her down..

2. WinterWolf

WinterWolf Well-Known Member

I was the exact same and didn’t start to feel better until she was about 4-5 weeks old. It was awful, I feel like I missed the newborn stage as I just couldn’t stop crying/feeling depressed. They say the “average” time it lasts is 1-4 weeks. Just remember it’s caused by hormone crashes, it doesn’t mean you don’t love/want your baby and it definitely doesn’t mean you’ll feel like this forever. Big hugs to you, this was the worst thing about postpartum for me. You will get out of this fog soon xxx

Lucie12344 likes this.
  3. Lucie12344

Glad to know I’m not the only one! I just feel awful! Thanks for replying! Xxx

4. MoominGirl

MoominGirl Well-Known Member

Just wanted to echo what WinterWolf said. I also found postpartum horrendous. Also a much wanted baby after a long and difficult journey. The exhaustion in the early days on top of the hormones have a lot to answer for! It really does get better.

Lucie12344 likes this.
  5. Lucie12344

Thank you for sharing, I really needed to hear that it isn’t just me who feels this way! I’m fine all day it seems to be when evening approaches! Xx