baby biting

jennywren

Reaction score
Oran is a little biter, but not in a malicious nasty way, and he only does it to the ones close to him (me, daddy, Grandparents etc) not just to random people whom he sees. Its starting to hurt as he has 3 pegs, but he has done this since he was about 3 months old, and we always thought it was teething, and it used to be like the rooting reflex after he was BF like he was searching, thats how he did it, with his head going from side to side, still does it like that most of the time, he is still doing it now though at nearly 9 months! he really is not doing it nastily or anything and I dont know weather its now due to teething, or habbit or his way of him kissing us cause we ALWAYS kiss him lol

He is not of an age to understand its wrong so I cant bite him back like you would with a toddler any other suggestions to stop this.

Her are pics of oran eating me!

Him doing at about 3.5 months
DSCN0759.jpg

DSCN0769.jpg

this open mouth is just how he is all the time before he goes in for the kill
DSCN0764.jpg

then this is him the other day so nearly 9 months
P1030041.jpg

The only suggestion I would make, is to put him down on the floor for a minute each time he does it.
He might then get the message that biting stops the cuddles??

Good luck with it :hug:

Libby has a thing for pinching :| so if she pinches hard I put her down on the floor for a minute, sometimes she's not bothered and just goes off to play, but sometimes we have tears.....i think she'll elarn eventually, but then she doesn't pinch that much really in the grand scheme of things, so it might be a long lesson to learn.

He's giving you kisses! :lol:

When I ask for kisses Eefie does just what Oran is doing there. He will not kiss his dad though, he used to but I think he got prickled when he hadnt had a shave and now wont go near him lol!

What a sweet lil lad! Those pics are gorgeous!! I dont know what to suggest, as from the look of the pictures, he IS giving you a kiss, his way. Sorry I'm not much help, just could resist posting, he is soo sweet
:hug:

Lisa

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back