Baby belly

Geekachublog

Reaction score
Everyone is now commenting on my "bump", the only problem is that my bump is squidgy and basically feels more like fat, no part of my belly is hard, but it's definitely larger than 6 weeks ago.
I'm 16 weeks tomorrow and I don't expect to have a great whopping bump yet, but I feel like when I have tights on, it gives me that "fat line" in the middle of my tummy, rather than going over or under a bump.
It's making me feel awful as I just feel like a total fatty.

Wear maternity tights, they go over your bump & make it look more like a bump....rather than a muffin top! I only got a noticeable bump around 23 weeks, it's so pants feeling like a fatty rather than pregnant but even now at 25 weeks I feel like a hippo rather than a glowing pregnant woman! Lol I'm sure it wont be until about 35 weeks that ill feel properly pregnant, I always think people are staring thinking look at that porker, where as in reality they're not!x

I bought maternity tights from mothercare but they were awful, my problem is that I don't really have a bump for them to go over anyway, I was never slim before hand, but my belly pokes out all over the place.
Even my husband (in his innocence) said "It's weird, it goes out at the bottom, in a bit and then out again". Until I told him it was my pants digging in my fat then he quickly changed his opinion.

I keep seeing everyone with lovely round, firm looking bumps and it makes me feel worse.

Aww I feel the same - a few people have said about a bump to me and I say exactly the same and that it's fat and squishy!! I want it to start getting hard and round too!! I've never had a slim stomach so not expecting a bump yet but like you say makes you feel a fatty!! I'm sure mine even goes in slightly then out and think its called a b belly and I want a d belly ha!!

Completely empathise though and hopefully we will get our bumps soon!! X

Mine is very squishy too! I was a size 12 pre-pregnancy and nothing fits right now. I think this is half the problem and i ordered some proper maternity clothes this weekend. I've found that leggings under dresses make it look much more bump like that trying to wear trousers, although bumpbands do make it look more bumpy.

Doesn't help that dh is affectionately calling me "fatty" at the moment....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back