Baby bedding

Samantha55

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm now starting to think about the baby's nursery and was wondering about bedding for baby. We are having a cot in nursery and a Moses basket to go in our room for the first 6 months but I have no idea how much bedding I will need? (This is my first pregnancy by the way!).

I guess I will need many bottom sheets for mattress for 'accidents' and baby sick etc but what about the rest of bedding... I was thinking of buying a bundle set that has the bumper, bottom sheet, cover etc... Sould I get several of these? They are very expensive though, so do I not need several covers etc? I know to start with baby won't need covers and we have got sleeping bags, but how many bags will I need?

Sorry for several questions, just beginning to stress that I have no idea what I will need! I want to be prepared but not go overboard!!

Xxx

I would also love the know the answer to this question!!!
Dont want to go overboard but not want to but too little x

Id buy three to four cot sheets two fitted ones for bottom and two flat ones to use on top then you just use cellular/ wool blankets over the top, lots of layers so you can adjust for temperature.

Same really for moses only smaller size

I wouldnt bother with a sleeping bag yet buy one when you need one, we only had one

If you go for cot bumper , which you dont have too, we have never had one, yourll only need one again

Last edited:
Okay thanks. Do baby's not need a sleeping bag until their older then? Wasn't sure as they say from birth to 6 months on the one we got? Xx

I got one bundle set, bumper, cover, etc. and then some plain fitted sheets. The cover matching the bumper was only really there for decoration and baby was in a sleeping bag with a blanket if needed.

This time round I have nothing prepared, only a moses basket with some under sheets and a few blankets. I'll just but sleeping bags and cot bedding when needed. I know some people like to have the nursery done early but you only really need one bundle set and then 3 or 4 sheets, and some blankets.
xx

Glad you asked this, I hadn't even thought about it! Xx

I didnt use sleeping bags till 6 mths , im sure there safe but i just didnt want to go there and we coslept anyway so id worry about overheating

Thanks for this post - i thought i'd look silly asking but looks like i shouldn't have worried.

I have a bundle set and will get some more sheets.

Look on EBAY! Bedding can be really expensive and there's loads of really fair priced stuff on there x

I got a bedding set with our cot bed from babies r us but also bought the sleepy owl collection from dunelm mill, baby will be in moses basket anyway for first few months, for this ive bought a waterproof mattress protector and 3 sheets

Great question, i'm going to buy one bundle set, more for decoration/colour than anything. I have tonnes of sheets that we have from Koby/been given by friends. Gonna wash them, all on 90 and have them at the ready with some blankets.

I've got 2 grobags, 2.5 tog because he'll be a winter baby and it gets COLD in this house!

Sleeping bags shouldn't be used till baby is 8 1/2 lbs (I think) we used them from birth as my baby was a heffer and because he hated being wrapped up. He was born in May and we had 3 bags in the end, 2 1.5togg and a 2.5 togg for winter.

Sheetwise, I had 4 flat sheets, but I always put a terry nappy down under his head when he went to bed so if he was a little bit sicky then I could just move that rather than change the whole bed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back