Baby Asprin and folic acid

Tina18

Reaction score
Hey ladies

I read somewhere that if you are taking baby Asprin you should be doubling your dose of folic acid? Is this true?

I am not pregnant yet but am possibly looking to take baby Asprin when I get pregnant and am worried if I should be taking a double dose of folic acid

Many thanks

My consultant started me on aspirin but didn't change the folic acid dose x

Hey! Thanks so much for your response and not reading and running.

If you don't mind me asking why did the consultant recommend Asprin? Did you get tested for sticky blood and to did you take it on your previous pregnancies? Xx

Last edited:
I was considering doing this too Tina. The doctor said I need to have a third before I'll get help but I don't want to put myself through that. I thought it can't hurt much to take some baby aspirin! It seems worth any risk anyway! Xx

I was considering doing this too Tina. The doctor said I need to have a third before I'll get help but I don't want to put myself through that. I thought it can't hurt much to take some baby aspirin! It seems worth any risk anyway! Xx

I know that's what I was thinking! The only risk is that it can cause stomach ulcers which can then lead to integral bleeding which isn't good, but why would so many IVF doctors recommended it ?! I feel that I can't sit back and do nothing! I tried to buy some baby Asprin from tesco pharmacy yesterday and got a big lecture!! They wouldn't sell it to me :-(. I've also been looking at foods that thin your blood and was wondering whether I should try the natural way first (these include turmeric, cinnamon, cayenne pepper) xxxxx

I started on it at 16 weeks pregnant because I meet 2 criteria for being on it through pregnancy, increased bmi and my age.
I've had miscarriage testing and everything came back normal the only 'help' I got for this pregnancy was progesterone supplements because there was some anecdotal evidence that it could help sustain pregnancies when there had been recurrent miscarriages. But a full scale study has since been done and the results published which has shown that it makes no difference, so I was lucky to get it before these results as I don't know if I would have got it otherwise.
The study was called the PROMISE study if you want to look it up xx

The miscarriage association has info on baby aspirin on its site and there is some thought that it can cause miscarriage if taken when there is no need so don't rush into making a decision on that without proper research.
You can buy it in supermarkets and pound shops next to the paracetamol, you don't need to buy it from a pharmacy, can also get it on amazon xx

Last edited:
I started on it at 16 weeks pregnant because I meet 2 criteria for being on it through pregnancy, increased bmi and my age.
I've had miscarriage testing and everything came back normal the only 'help' I got for this pregnancy was progesterone supplements because there was some anecdotal evidence that it could help sustain pregnancies when there had been recurrent miscarriages. But a full scale study has since been done and the results published which has shown that it makes no difference, so I was lucky to get it before these results as I don't know if I would have got it otherwise.
The study was called the PROMISE study if you want to look it up xx

The miscarriage association has info on baby aspirin on its site and there is some thought that it can cause miscarriage if taken when there is no need so don't rush into making a decision on that without proper research.
You can buy it in supermarkets and pound shops next to the paracetamol, you don't need to buy it from a pharmacy, can also get it on amazon xx

Thanks for sharing i really appreciate it, yea I will take caution I will speak to my doctor this week, I want to make these decisions before I get pregnant again as it will just a stress me out! Xxx I've heard of that study I will have a read up on it thankyou xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back